SAINT LAURENT Junior Buyer
Saint Laurent - Regular
Sydney - Australia
This position is key in ensuring that all retail stores within Australia have the appropriate product assortment, at the right timing, in order to optimize the sales and project the brand image and strategy; from the allocations, replenishments and all stock operations. The Junior Buyer will also assist the Merchandising Manager in the buying and planning of the collections and delivering the relevant product training within the region.
- Bi weekly replenishment/allocation of stocks to AU stores.
- Monthly inter-store transfers for size and stocks consolidation.
- Weekly inter-country transfers within APAC for consolidation and VIC requests.
- Monthly inter-region transfer to optimize sell thru within SEA.
- Seasonal transfer of markdown stocks from stores to WH/Outlet.
- Bi weekly communication with supply chain in HQ about stock availability on leather goods.
- Communication with supply chain to request specific product needs for customer requests or request additional stocks when change in trend.
- Weekly sales reports including week’s sales by category versus last year, seasonal sell thru report and best/poor sellers report.
- Weekly comments about business regarding category in charge in order to generate an action plan to support the business.
- Weekly sales results update from merchandising to sales team via email. Update on sales performance versus last year and sell thru performance. Follow up actions to communicate key focus area to improve sales.
- Weekly communication to sales team on latest new arrivals shipment visibility, best sellers replenishment shipment visibility and suggest alternative stocks when best sellers are sold out.
- Sending markdown lists to stores in timely manner with the markdown versus full price sales report during the sales period.
- Seasonal product map to inform stores about newness to be received.
- Seasonal prices adjustments to prepare with Inventory Control.
- Understanding of the performance of seasonal products.
- Ability to understand difference in trends and customers preferences vs the four markets.
- Competitors analysis and markets needs to share with APAC and HQ.
- Prepare business and trend analysis reports.
- Assist Merchandising Manager in selection of selected categories (when applicable).
- Assist in preparation of training materials.
- Assist with delivering seasonal product training to all store teams within the region
Brand positioning and product alignment:
- Works closely with the Communications department to propose items to push that will help elevate Brand’s image and to be commercial, driving sales to stores.
- Works closely with the Visual Merchandising department to ensure image portrayed in store is aligned with the commercial strategy.
- Passionate and driven nature with a good energy level;
- Well presented;
- Creative and proactive in style;
- Hands-on approach with ability to build rapport with all stakeholders, in particular the store teams;
- Excellent organizational skills, structured and detail-oriented;
- Good understanding of the markets in the region with strong analytical skills.
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Australasie / Pacifique Sud