KERING Legal Counsel, Corporate & Commercial
Kering - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
Kering is investing in a new role, Counsel, Corporate & Commercial, responsible for supporting the diverse legal needs of the company and its internal clients in the Americas region. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel and will be responsible for partnering closely with the company and brands on a variety of legal matters arising in a global retail environment. This role will provide routine counsel and legal support on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters, including commercial contracts, consumer protection matters, privacy matters, trade compliance, and procurement.
The Kering Americas organization supports 4,500 employees belonging to 12 European luxury houses and is located across 5 countries in North & South America. The role of Counsel, Corporate & Commercial will require a driven individual, looking for a fast-paced, dynamic and complex work environment. The position will work closely with various external partners and internal stakeholders including brand management and others. The role will strive to provide supportive and streamlined experience to our brands in close alignment with Kering’s core values and with an eye toward strategic risk mitigation.
How You Contribute
A successful candidate for Counsel, Corporate & Commercial will be able to support, protect and challenge internal clients as follows:
- Review, draft and negotiate a high volume of contracts including service agreements, consulting agreements, technology agreements, procurement agreements, other retail business agreements.
- Advise on promotional materials, retail and/or packaging collateral for compliance with all applicable laws and requirements.
- Assist in the management of corporate governance as well as commercial litigation and claims matters, including consumer protection and product safety matters.
- Keep abreast of legal decisions, statutory changes and other developments, and conduct legal research, analysis and benchmarking as needed.
- Help develop and implement new processes, policies and training as needed, based on legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Provide strategic, creative and effective legal and business advice to balance legal risk against business needs and goals.
- Partner with business units to integrate legal requirements into business planning.
- Work collaboratively with business clients and Legal team, including supervision of paralegal in connection with brand activities.
- Build and manage strong relationships and gain organizational buy-in and adoption in a highly matrixed, global organization to ensure consistency and best-practice sharing. Lead by example and positively influence stakeholders, clients and team members as a trusted resource and subject matter expert.
Who You Are
- 4+ years law firm and/or in-house experience as corporate, commercial and/or M&A counsel, with sufficient experience and ability to handle responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to manage a variety of internal client demands appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative and ability to work autonomously and set strategic goals, while remaining a strong and supportive team member.
- Exercise good judgment and recognize when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Ability to handle sensitive / confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, respect and integrity.
- Strong time management, project management and prioritization skills, with the ability to multi-task and take ownership of multiple projects at a time.
- Strategic thinking with an ability to leverage business sense, creative problem-solving skills and sense of prioritization when resolving issues.
- Exceptional networking and relationship management skills; ability to influence change and instill confidence in stakeholders at all levels of the organization to help advance Kering’s goals to promote compliance, risk mitigation and best practices. Prior experience operating in both global and/or highly matrixed organizations ideal.
- Strong, clear, concise verbal and written communication skills that can adapt based on the audience; comfort in communicating to senior management and internal clients at all levels of the organization.
- JD from an ABA accredited top law school, member of good standing in at least one State Bar, preferably In New York (or ability to register as In-House Counsel in New York).
- Strong working knowledge of and interest in the luxury retail industry desired.
- Full time
- Amérique du Nord
- United States of America