KERING IP Manager
Kering - Regular
Tokyo - Japan
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.”
The position is dedicated to advising and supporting all of our brands in Kering Group (“the Brands”) on all IP and brand protection matters for Japan. The roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work as one team and in close collaboration within our Legal IP team in APAC, our brands and our Headquarters for all intellectual property and brand protection matters in Japan.
- Proactively detect the infringement issues for our brands, analyse the issue, devise solutions and manage case in an effective and efficient ways and in accordance with country lP law landscape and our IP strategy. Be creative in tackling IP issues.
- Manage our online enforcement programme in accordance with our strategy and goals; with a focus on detect new trends, new solutions, engage and manage platforms and our vendors with an aim to build a tailor-made programme and enhance our current proactive programme for Japan.
- Work closely with all relevant law enforcement authorities and IP industry associations relating to enforcement cases and matters. Conduct brand awareness trainings for them as well as for our brands.
- Manage and work closely with lawyers and investigators regarding day-to-day enforcement matters; both online and offline.
- Learn our brand products and attend to product verification and court testimony (as and when necessary)
- Handle evidence collection or investigation for prosecution cases (i.e., oppositions and cancellations) (as and when may be necessary)
- Maintain cases database, manage budget and assist in preparing reporting for our brands and business team.
- Manage and work closely with our local business team in a timely manner.
- Adhoc task as may be assigned from time to time.
Who you are
- BA required or solid equivalent working experience in IP areas. Possessing a law degree with IP study is preferable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar position in Japan with sizeable MNC, consultancy/law firm and/or governmental enforcement agency.
- Good understanding of intellectual property legal framework and brand protection issues in Japan
- Be willing to think outside the box for creative and effective solutions.
- Excellent organization, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Be a team player and work in a multi-culture environment. Willing to align despite differences.
- Have an outgoing personality
- High level of commitment, motivation, and team orientation
- Willing to travel
- Excellent command of written and spoken Japanese and English
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
- Full time