GUCCI People Partner - Mid-Atlantic
Gucci - Regular
Washington - United States of America
Human Resources serves as a business partner to both retail and corporate to support Gucci's mission by continually striving to develop and grow a performance-based organization. The HR team works in partnership with corporate and retail management teams to build engaging environments focused on clear expectations, support and investment, and reward and recognition. Rather than just solving issues and driving compliance, the People Partner – Mid-Atlantic based in Washington, D.C. will focus on developing comprehensive solutions and measuring their impact on results.
- Provide timely HR service to the organization, providing advice on best practices and guidance on the interpretation and practical applications of HR policies, procedures, and legislation;
- Ensure fairness and accuracy and HR documentation;
- Ensure consistency in all execution of HR policies and practices;
- Create and maintain position descriptions for all roles in key areas to ensure role clarity across functions;
- Coordinate recognition programs and assist with celebrations and tracking of employee milestones and successes;
- Oversee the hiring and separations processes – reviewing all applications, employment offers, and terminations prior to finalizing.
- Process all exit interviews and separation agreements.
- Coach and develop the leased and directly operated store retail management population with a focus on development opportunities, leading an effective sales force, driving high selling and service standards (retail);
- Work with managers to create employee development plans and goal setting – reviewing sales performance monthly (retail);
- Review talent seasonally to support and encourage internal mobility;
- Lead and coach managers through the performance management process;
- Provide store operations and market managers with a “pulse” of the overall engagement of employees and work with managers to ensure proper retention of valued associates;
- Manage the performance improvement process ensuring effective coaching, proper documentation, timely follow up, and outcome (i.e. performance improvement or termination).
Training and Onboarding (in partnership with Training)
- Facilitate new hire orientation and partner with training and hiring managers to create a positive welcoming onboarding and brand experience for all new employees;
- Conduct in store trainings as needed;
- Guide the onboarding process to ensure acclimation to the brand for new hires with 30/60/90-day probationary evaluations;
- Train all new hires on code of conduct, Gucci Amplifiers, benefits, policies, and HR procedures;
- Train management population on anti-harassment policies and diversity;
- Coach hiring managers on effective interviewing skills.
- Have an interest and ability to know how the business works, analyze business trends, and integrate talent management initiatives to impact business performance;
- Build credibility and influence cross-functional partners to achieve goals and maximize their teams and talent;
- Formulate business strategies focused on retaining and developing key talent and reducing turnover;
- Provide monthly reports and/or summaries of the business, employee performance and issues, and recruitment needs in areas of responsibility;
- Continuous visits to store locations within the markets.
- Manage the full sourcing and recruitment process for Team Managers and above in partnership with Talent Acquisition, support recruitment process for boutique staff;
- Screen all Store Director level+ candidates before presented to the CEO;
- Screen store level candidates in high turn stores;
- Ensure all recruitment needs are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner;
- Liaise with recruitment agencies as primary point of contact;
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates in all markets to effectively minimize the time required to fill open positions;
- Support recruitment at all levels for new store openings;
- Review and partner on all employment offers.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- A minimum of 5 years of prior experience in Human Resources functions, including a minimum of 2 years in a management position;
- Relevant experience gained within a fashion luxury retail environment, leading an HR function;
- Demonstrable experience aligning HR goals and objectives with the retail business goals, combined with a strong understanding of the business;
- In-depth knowledge of employment practices;
- Strong employment relations experience handling complex, performance management issues, disputes, and grievances;
- Flexibility in domestic travel and working from multiple locations;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple performance management issues simultaneously;
- Ability to follow up on projects and activities on a day-to-day basis to maximize impact;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of internal and external colleagues;
- Outspoken and open minded with a dynamic work style;
- Ability to influence without authority;
- Able to work cross functionally in a highly matrixed environment to deliver and share results;
- Strong motivation to work for retail and the proven ability to work in a multi-site capacity.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the U.S.
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America