MEA Transport Coordinator
Kering - Regular
DUBAI - United Arab Emirates
Directly reporting to the Regional MEAI Logistics Manager, the Transport Coordinator supervises and monitors daily Transport operations and Customs activities.
Organizes the schedule and ensures the right products are delivered at the right time and at the right cost.
He is monitoring the flow of goods, shipments and coordinating with the different actors of the Supply Chain. As part of a global logistics and distribution supply chain, he is ensuring the application of the WW logistics strategies and processes, strictly connected with local flows.
Measuring performances of the transporters as per agreed SLA to satisfy the business needs and support projected growth play a critical part of his role.
Effective communication and coordination with the brands operational teams to ensure full alignment of logistic operations with their needs will be another key duty of the role.
- Monitor and ensure the inbound deliveries and outbound distribution of orders in an effective and quality manner
- Manage the administrative part and documents preparation related to shipping activity
- Contribute to develop business by analyzing logistical problems and proposing new solutions
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation
- Involved and implement Business Continuity plan process to ensure operations are maintained in case of exceptional situations
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes
- Ensure transporters performances are meeting expected service levels in term of lead-time, quality & cost
- Maintain efficient communication and collaborate with the different departments of each brands for all Transport and Customs related matter
- Monitor daily operations and ensure implementation of best practices in clearance, deliveries to the warehouse and distribution to the stores according to agreed mapping
- Be force of proposition for enhanced processes and logistics solutions. Escalate when necessary
- Coordinate with origin and the brands for special orders, MTO, CITES and special events to meet the agreed deadlines
- Control and validate transporters invoices
- Coordinate intra-regional store-to-store transfers of the brands
- Monitor reverse logistics flow
Skills and knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Middle East in Import & Export, Customs operation and Last Mile Distribution; experience in Ecom Last Mile within fashion luxury industry would be a plus
- Fluent English spoken and written; Arabic and Italian knowledge would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Pro-active approach in finding out innovative solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- “Multi-tasking” approach to the several issues to be managed with capability to define priorities when needed
- Full time
- Africa / Medio Oriente
- United Arab Emirates