Payroll Assistant (Fixed Term)
Kering - Student (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
DUBAI - United Arab Emirates
Payroll Assistant is responsible to support payroll calculation and payments with the highest level of accuracy for local brands in scope of the HRSS.
He/She collects, consolidates all data required for monthly payroll, ensures alignment with brands and compliance with local regulations, company’s policies and tax authorities.
The payroll assistant is responsible to deliver high quality payroll, for our brands in the region in line with our service level agreements.
He/She is responsible for regularly reviewing the payroll processes and payroll calendar, identifying efficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Respect payroll cycle and calendar, and communicate efficiently to the Brand HR Business Partners
- Collect monthly payroll inputs (variable inputs) from other tools or Brands
- Maintain Payroll database synchronized with Workday master database - ensure all data for the pay period has been entered on the payroll system through Workday Integration or manual entry
- Process the monthly payroll for all countries through different payroll providers
- Co-ordinate with Brand HR regarding any employee’s additions or deductions
- Resolve rejections from Data Alignment (Integration) with the HRBPs
- Requests and processes exceptional payments outside the regular payment transfer cycle.
- Calculate payroll and check inconsistency - identify opportunities to improve payroll quality
- Manage all types of payment transfers in coordination with Finance teams
- Reconcile workday data integration file with payroll file
- Reconcile transfer files (SIF) with payroll registers
- Coordinate with Finance and ensure payments timeliness and accuracy to employees and to third parties like social contributions, pensions, taxes, etc.
- Check payroll tool consistency on payroll rules and Legal Entity specific agreements, local regulations and updates
- Support new regulations implementation in the tool or new business agreement
- Responsible for payslips access and password updates for new and existing employees
- Process end of service computation (Final Settlement) for employees who are leaving the company
- Responsible for sending monthly payslips to employees
Time & Absence
- Validate and monitor employee absences based on respective brand policies
- Extract Absence Data and check accuracy for payroll integration
- Align absences data to payroll engine data
- Co-ordinate with HR administration team on unpaid and long term absences and it’s management into the payroll system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or relevant fields
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll officer
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Knowledge of Local Labour laws in UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and South Africa is advantageous
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel
- Good knowledge of Workday, CivilSoft and ERP such as JDE, SAP etc.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Full time
- Africa / Medio Oriente
- United Arab Emirates