KERING Repair Technician
Kering - Regular
Shanghai - China
Kering Group Operations is the Kering Group division that provides the smartest solutions for our cross-brands services. In particular, the Ready to Wear (RTW) Business Unit is dedicated to the product development and the production of the RTW collections for most of our brands, creating and manufacturing them like pieces of art with the highest attention to detail. As part of the global luxury group Kering, we are committed to ‘empowering imagination’ in a sustainable manner and encouraging our employees to flourish. Join our passionate journey and fulfil your potential and creativity.
We are currently seeking a Repair Technician who will report to the After Sales Manager Great China as part of our dynamic team in China.
The Repair Technician is taking responsibility to ensure the repair of Saint Laurent and Balenciaga product through the best in class craftsmanship skills in compliance of made in Italy quality tradition.
How you will contribute
- To repair the product without changing the original design by using materials,
- accessories, machineries and techniques belonging to traditional craftmanship
- To attach accessories or ornamentation to the products
- To align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, in order to join parts
- To construct, decorate, or repair leather products according to specifications, using sewing machines, needles and thread, leather lacing, glue, clamps, hand tools, and/or rivets
- To cut out parts following patterns or outlines, using knives, shears, scissors, or machine presses
- To drill or punch holes; then insert or attach metal rings, handles, and fastening hardware such
- as buckles
- To dye, soak, polish, paint, stamp, stitch, stain, buff, or engrave leather or other materials to
- obtain desired effects, decorations, or shapes
- To repair and recondition of leather products such as trunks, luggage, belts, purses, and wallets
- To repair and recondition of shoes products to re-sew seams, and replace handles and linings of luggage or handbags
- To select materials and patterns, and trace patterns onto materials to be cut out
Who you are
Experience, business and technical skills
- 5+ years of experience in the field
- Ability to repair Leather goods and Shoes items
- Dynamism, self-starter, proactivity, efficiency
- Close attention to fine details and willing to learn
- Ability to concentrate for a long period
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Remain up to date on current repair trends
- Available for extended training
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate with internal and external associates
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time