SAINT LAURENT Buyer
Saint Laurent - Regular
Taipei City - Taiwan Region
ABOUT SAINT LAURENT
Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio- cultural landscape.
In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April
2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe.
Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
This position is based in the Taiwan Saint Laurent office, directly reporting to General Merchandising Manager and responsible for Women’s and Men's Ready-to-Wear and Shoes categories across Taiwan region. This role will implement the merchandising strategies and ensure that product mix is available to meet customer demands whilst driving the business forward in the merchandise category.
- Support merchandise mix and assortment in accordance with respective merchandising strategies set by management for different Direct Operating Stores (DOS)
- Execute buying activities of designated product categories
- Monitor closely on sales and stock levels in order to maintain budgeted sales plan
- Assist the team in achieving sales and profit based on budgeted sales plan
- Monitor inventory, delivery and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, and responsible for merchandise allocations to DOS and co-ordination with stores and warehouse for stock replenishment and to maintain timely delivery
- Keep track of sales performance and implement business analysis to help attain business and financial objectives
- Attend overseas buying trips for order placements
- Work closely with Retail Operations, Stores, Visual Merchandising, Communications departments to make recommendations for changes and improvements to maximize sales potential and profit within the store
- Provide product training and fashion trend information to retail staff, conduct workshops to enhance product knowledge and drive result
- Regularly report to management for sales performance, merchandise mix, inventory situations and important issues, etc
- Assist in other ad hoc duties and projects
- Degree holder with minimum 5 years relevant experience in the merchandising/buying, prior experience in Women’s Ready-To-Wear, Shoes and/or other fashion accessories is preferred
- Analytical with good numeric sense, details-oriented and good execution skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to work independently
- Mature and adaptable to fast pace working environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft offices especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Good command of English and Mandarin
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Taiwan Region