ALEXANDER MCQUEEN CRM Campaign Manager
Alexander McQueen - Regular
- United Kingdom
Alexander McQueen is in search of a technological and commercially astute CRM Campaign Manager to build and deliver brand enhancing campaigns throughout the client life-cycle. The CRM Campaign Manager will sit within the Communication and Marketing Function, reporting to the Worldwide CRM Manager.
How you will contribute:
- Develop personalised, scalable and automated marketing campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, leveraging email, landing pages, SMS, and one to one clienteling and social campaigns
- Collaborate with Kering Salesforce Marketing teams and external agencies, acting as Business Process owner for Alexander McQueen’s marketing campaign strategy
- Partner with internal stakeholders to create bespoke nurture paths for different client segments, test, enhance and drive continuous improvement (coordinating the development of assets, securing appropriate sign-off and executing campaigns)
- Establish KPIs, configure and produce standard reports to measure the return on investment for campaigns
Your skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Marketing Automation Platforms: campaign and journey building, database segmentation & targeting (Salesforce a distinct advantage)
- Solid understanding of campaign KPIs, reporting and deriving applicable insights
- Articulate and skilled at writing a clear campaign briefs
- Tech-driven with proven marketing campaign experience, ideally gained in a Fashion/Luxury/FMCG environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit towards problem-solving and organization
- Data-driven with a growth mindset
- Excellent communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom