BALENCIAGA - Demand Planner
Balenciaga - Regular
Paris - France
BALENCIAGA – Demand Planner
Within the operations department, you are in charge of planning Retail demand for your product category: in line with sales ambitions and product strategy, you develop/adjust sales forecasts and manage purchases in order to optimize product availability while controlling stock levels.
Elaborate sales forecasts :
- In collaboration with Merchandising, elaborate sales forecasts for existing products according to real sales trends, stock levels, cannibalization potentials etc.
- On recent new products, adjust the forecasts during the first weeks of sales and monitor the differences between the initial assumptions and the readjusted forecasts.
- For future new products, in collaboration with the Business team, translate showroom purchases into sales assumptions based on ST assumptions and product life in the FP network.
- Consolidate all forecasts (Landing) and ensure the follow-up vs target and the Newness/Carry over mix.
Define the needs and propose reorders :
- Define and maintain the key planning parameters: production leadtime, tool stock, safety stock, integration of substitutions, etc.
- On a monthly basis, in collaboration with the Merchandising department:
- on existing products (including recent new products): develop and adjust the calculation of needs in order to propose reorders.
- on new products to come, participate in the elaboration of the WW bulks post showroom.
- On an aggregated grid, elaborate the medium/long term needs forecast plan.
To ensure the follow-up of stock levels :
- In collaboration with the Distribution and Supply Planning team, anticipate stock shortages, identify the risks of overstock at the global warehouse and propose appropriate action plans.
- Elaborate total stock projections (quantitative and qualitative) and alert on deviations vs. objectives.
Participate in transversal projects such as: implementation of a planning tool, implementation of new steering and reporting tools, special/exclusive projects, strategic launches, etc.
2/3 years of experience in supply chain - if possible in retail.
Organized, rigorous, analytical, customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Thorough mastery of Excel
Fluent English imperative, a third language would be a plus.
- Full time