BOUCHERON - FREELANCE - Store Planning Project Manager F/H
Boucheron - Contractor
Paris - France
The Project Manager works closely with corporate and regional teams (Product, Retail, Wholesale, Finance, Legal, Visual Merchandising, IT, Loss Prevention) to ensure the correct development of all aspects of the project which include also the direct control and responsibility of other aspects: Procurement, Admin, Logistic. The PM is also responsible for managing external consultants as architects and engineers, contractors and direct vendors. As well, to handle costs, scheduling and quality of projects throughout the entire process from planning to construction completion. The position, comprehensive of all described duties, reports directly to Store Planning Manager.
Design and Construction
The Project Manager oversees architectural projects from the conception stage right down through construction and completion of the project, making sure that project teams meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals.
- Collect start-up information from corporate and local parties (Retail Managers, Partners, etc.) necessary to develop the design in accordance with Company commercial requirements
- Establish contact with Landlords architectural team, to get location drawings, guidelines and all other necessary technical start-up information
- Prepare feasibility studies, to evaluate locations and estimate budgets and timings
- Collaborate with Finance Dept. to finalize budgets and forecasts
- Prepare preliminary drawings to match regional brief according to the design codes of the concept; organize internal review with all corporate and local teams involved.
- Establish and sustain client relations, participate in assessing and hiring architectural or engineering advisers, collaborate with governmental agencies and selected project architectural firms.
- Organize and steer general contractors and millwork contractors bidding, evaluate tender documents and offers and coordinate works assignment
- Collaborate with Legal Dept. to finalize contracts
- Organize and validate construction documents and assume responsibility for finished plans, specifications, and management approval of materials and construction.
- Supervise and coordinate all architectural and construction activities involved with the renovation or creation of a new boutique
- Prepare Capex and Cost Report and update it regularly along the project development
- Oversee all Direct Orders
- Review consultants and contractors documents to ensure consistency with projects and concept, from preliminary submission up to construction and shop-drawings
- Visit construction sites and prepare (and/or request) reports, from setting-out to punch list completion and opening, to ensure quality of building construction and millwork installation, identifying outstanding issues and ensuring appropriate follow-up
- Collect as-built drawings and keep record of store opening information, finalize financial accounts closures
Education : Architect
Required experience: +5 years of applicable retail project management experience inside a comparable luxury international company or similar complexity.
Technical skills / abilities:
- Education: degree in Architecture or related Engineering fields (University degree or similar)
- Computer skills: Autocad 2D/3D, Photoshop, all Office programs
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented. Proactive and highly organized
- Multitasking, able to quickly shift from design creativity to admin/management
- Decision-making. Able to work independently, but also collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Languages: English perfectly written and spoken, French and other languages a plus
- Full time