Material Innovation Laboratory Sourcing Manager
Kering - Regular
Novara - Italy
You will pioneer a tangible change in sustainable material sourcing and play a role in providing a traceable supply chain for modern luxury. Working with a team of passionate curators at our innovative in-house research hub, you will lead activities that encourage sustainable sourcing choices for our Houses and boost the lab’s strategic value.
How you will contribute
- Work closely with the Director to support and develop sourcing projects with brands and suppliers that use innovative processes and source sustainable raw material, occasionally collaborating with Kering HQ’s Sustainability Department
- Develop sustainable raw material sourcing platforms, facilitating brand and suppliers use of these materials for their collections/supply chains, without infringing on the conventional operational constraints of production (timing, pricing, quality, etc.)
- Research and find reliably sourced, sustainable and innovative materials to develop a larger material inventory, ad hoc and provide brands with an updated range of alternatives for their seasonal searches and fabric replacement projects
- Maintain, support and organize library database, ratings and project tracking tools
- Support brands and suppliers with technical expertise and research on sustainable materials and processes (dyeing, finishing, etc.)
- Assist brands and internal production teams with verifying source integrity and aid with external communication regarding sustainable project supply chain
- Draft written material for brands, including fact sheets, due diligence reports, etc.
- Provide Ad hoc support for other luxury brands if needed
- Track media communication regarding sustainable materials, production processes, and analyze competitor’s sustainable material activities; communicate information internally via various networks (e.g. 360°, internal meetings, etc.)
Who you are
- An individual with 10-15 years’ experience in managing projects that included multiple stakeholders and complex negotiations
- A professional with vast supply chain and sustainable sourcing experience, preferably in Europe (Italy), trained in material development and sustainability. Knowledgeable about high-quality origin textiles, as well as textile and yarn production. Awareness of environmental science and natural capital concepts would be helpful.
- Expert in client management and project planning & management (e.g. consulting or auditing firm experience)
- Adept at sustainability certification schemes with some chemical certification knowledge
- A project manager able to execute and manage projects diligently and autonomously
- Highly organized individual, able to multitask (projects and daily operational responsibilities) as well as follow subordinate tasks
- Superb negotiation skills in both Italian and English with strong interpersonal skills, to use when negotiating with multi-brand sourcing, from raw material to fabric/yarn
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A confident Italian and English speaker. French would be a plus.
- Excellent written presentation creating skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Memos)
- A team player, able to communicate effectively with different group functions in a fast-paced, international setting and manage a junior team
- An individual willing to travel
Why work with us?
This is a unique opportunity to play a role in Kering’s vision of a better, more sustainable future for modern luxury. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their potential in an open, diverse and stimulating work environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time