MCQ Print Designer
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Print Designer who will report to the Senior Designer as part of our dynamic London team.
In this highly creative role supporting the Senior Designer within the Print team, you will be responsible for bringing an excellent graphic sensibility to your print designs and illustrations.
How you will contribute
· Responsible for producing unique, original and inspiring designs and key statements for collections; across MRTW, WRTW and Accessories
· Collaborate with the design teams to determine and research the mood of the new collections, based on the design direction and seasonal briefs
· Undertake colour research and maintain an accurate working colour palette
· Present design concepts and designs to the Art Director and Senior Designer
· Responsible for managing the development process of prints, delivering designs in a timely manner; working with the design team, fabric technicians and fabric suppliers
· Responsible for communicating print design requirements (tech packs)
· Ensure ongoing communication with development team and external suppliers as appropriate
· Effectively work across the design studio to ensure print deadlines are met, in accordance with the collection calendar
· Research and report on industry printing and innovative techniques/ designs (Knowledge of sustainable processes is desirable)
· Responsible for drawing, painting and illustrations
Your Skills and Experience
· Previous experience of delivering print/graphic designs
· Educated to degree level in a design discipline or equivalent
· Previous experience working in a fast paced and time sensitive environment highly desirable
· Ability to time manage and multi-task with competing projects
· Strong knowledge of fabrics and the design process; alongside construction and creative techniques in relation to silk screening, embroidery, flock, foil, embellishments, placements and washing and dyeing treatments
· An excellent communicator with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom