ALEXANDER MCQUEEN - Assistant Store Manager
Alexander McQueen - Regular
California - United States of America
Position: Assistant Store manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Alexander McQueen is renowned for being Innovative, emotional, romantic and uncompromising, the house which has become synonymous with modern British couture. Integral to the Alexander McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: fragility and strength, tradition and modernity, fluidity and severity. A Passionate and profound viewpoint is realized with respect and influence for the arts and crafts tradition. Sarah Burton, was appointed Creative Director in May 2010 of the Alexander McQueen brand having worked alongside the founder Lee Alexander McQueen for over 14 years and has since continued to design and produce collections acclaimed for their technical excellence and craftsmanship.
Partnering the Store Manager and following their direction, support in the day to day management of the boutique, through helping to develop and motivate the team, achieve sales targets and reduce loss. The Assistant Store Manager will support on a number of management activities, supporting the Store Manager to help grow the business.
Sales Objectives & Targets
- Aim to exceed all sales targets set by the Company and at the very minimum ensure that all targets are met by constantly building and maintaining a strong client base.
- Analyse sales figures and CRM activity to develop immediate & long range goal plans. Support the Store Manager in executing sales strategies and initiatives to achieve sales targets and brings ideas to generate sales
- Support in-store promotional displays and customer events, liaising with visual merchandising and press department where necessary.
- Maintaining awareness of local & luxury market trends and monitoring local competition activity.
- Building relationships with local and VIP clients; works closely with the PR department and coordinates events.
Store Standards and Customer Care
- Liaising with the team, other relevant colleagues and customers in order to identifying and resolving urgent issues
- Showcase exemplary customer service and resolve customer situations diplomatically, whilst abiding to all company policies
- Adhering and reinforcing the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensure best possible management of stores upkeep and maintenance, escalating any issues to the Store Manager
Managing Stock Control
- Business recap with sales associates focusing on sell through
- Oversee store staff in order to ensure that they adhere to inventory management guidelines/practices; stocktake & consignment procedures & policies.
- Overview of all VIP & Special requests between sales associates & Retail buying office.
- Lead and motivate staff by being a role model and setting an exceptional example to all staff.
- Identifying performance issues and managing them informally, seeking advice from the Store Manager and HR department where necessary.
- Supports in-store training including; coordinating the induction of new staff into the store, brand and product knowledge.
- Identifies staff training needs and works with Store Manager to up-skill team.
- Regularly updates staff on business performance, and new initiatives.
- Supports the co-ordinating of rotas and overtime
- Supports in monitoring team attendance
Please note that although we have tried to give you an indication of your responsibilities, this is not an exhaustive list of your duties and you may be required to carry out tasks that are not included in this job description.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Computer literate, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word & Excel)
- Language skills would be advantageous,
- Previous experience of a similar role where they have managed a team and been required to prioritise and multi-task various and competing demands
- A good communicator with the ability to interface regularly with internal and external personnel at all levels.
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America