ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Store Manager, Bal Harbour
Alexander McQueen - Regular
BAL HARBOUR - United States of America
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
The Store Manager has the mission to lead their team, drive the business, manage, and motivate their team and create a unique client experience to reach sales goals and optimize productivity.
The Store Manager reports to the Vice President of Retail.
How you will contribute:
Key Objectives & Targets
- Develop and oversee best in class standards for the store’s talent and performance, determine strategic goals for the team aligned with store sales, KPI and CRM targets
- Coach and deliver a consistent client experience, ensuring retail standards and ceremony steps are upheld through a strong sales floor presence
- Partner with corporate functional partners to improve in-store awareness and execution including but not limited to: CRM, retail operations, retail training, merchandising and HR
Store Standards and Customer Care
- Provide exemplary customer service and resolve customer situations diplomatically, abiding to all brand policies
- Adhere to and maintain the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensure best possible management of stores upkeep and maintenance, surveying and highlighting any necessary building work, cleaning & other action is communicated and resolved
- Set annual and monthly goals for the selling team and ensure all team members provide exceptional service through in-depth knowledge of brand, collections and products and behavioral development
- Ensure all team members are communicated relevant brand updates and initiatives in a timely manner
Manage Store Operations & Budget
- Ensure all opening and closing procedures are handled correctly
- Ensure all staff are trained on POS functionality and cash procedures
- Manage store operations in the most effective way whilst minimizing costs through; headcount and operating costs including; couriers/postage/ alterations & any other outsourced work
Managing Stock Control
- Review inventory health reports weekly to promptly resolve receiving discrepancies, inventory adjustments, negative on hands, etc.
- Oversee store staff to ensure that they adhere to inventory management guidelines/practices; including stock take & consignment procedures
- Meet brand inventory accuracy and shrink requirements through oversight of cycle counts, COG management, and loss reporting
- Receive and merchandise deliveries in a timely manner and ensure all stock areas are kept orderly and accessible
- As the key member of the management team, you will lead and motivate staff by being a role model
- Analyze traffic patterns and develop store schedules one month in advance, monitoring coverage needed to provide the expected level of client experience
- Identifying performance issues and managing them in the moment, seeking advice from the Director/VP Retail and HR department where necessary
- Taking ownership of the recruitment process, seeking authorization to recruit, sourcing candidates and conducting interviews in line with group standards
- Conduct in-store training including; coordinating the induction of new staff into the store, product knowledge; sharing information gained from the collection presentations and identifying members of staff who require further attention to ensure that their knowledge is to the high standard we require
- Carry out yearly appraisals for all staff, following the Company’s procedure and providing constructive and comprehensive feedback, as well as setting individual objectives for development
- Provide regular updates to staff on business performance, and new initiatives
Who you are:
- At least 3+ years of experience in a luxury retail managerial position
- Experience managing 5+ direct reports
- Ability to effectively create, manage and adhere to deadlines
- Familiar with key retail performance indicators
- Advanced organizational skills, writing and communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Comfortable and savvy with computer technology, including PC and iOS devices
- Travel approximately 10% of the time
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic sales team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.