GUCCI Alterations Specialist - Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive
Gucci - Regular
BEVERLY HILLS - United States of America
The Alterations Specialist is responsible for producing high quality altered merchandise within the established timeframe standards while providing customer service, establishing and helping to maintain customer relationships and work effectively with other team members within the store.
- Have an understanding of all garment fittings, marks on garments, construction, and knowledge of fabrics, and styling and manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to draw and cut patterns as needed and according to specifications.
- Be responsible for altering clothing to fit individual needs. Examines and repairs garments following alteration tags and understands marks on garments. Ability to understand alteration tags and marks on garments to ascertain necessary alterations.
- Be responsible for the customer experience – being perceptive to customer needs, listening, and showing enthusiasm for the product and Gucci brand.
- Deliver advice on the product, providing accurate lead times and cost to ensure the client’s expectations are managed.
- Demonstrate expertise with sound alterations skills, knowledge, and ability to support the closing of a sale.
- Perform and complete fittings and deliver quality workmanship on both minor and major types of alterations according to Gucci guidelines and standards.
- Organize workload and complete items on time.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operating all tailor shop equipment.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with co-workers and contribute to a high quality work environment.
- Model Gucci image through appropriate wardrobe and presence.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in seamstress/ tailoring, preferably in luxury or high-end apparel.
- Ability to sew and understand a wide range of garments
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as leather, knits, beading, buttonholes etc. is preferable.
- Possession of pressing and quality control skills.
- Knowledge of alterations including fabrications and styling of luxury merchandise.
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, creativity, and organizational ability.
- Must possess superb interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Be open to learning and developing new skills and processes.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America