GUCCI Director Client Engagement, Canada
Gucci - Regular
TORONTO - Canada
The Director, Client Development - Canada has the responsibility of ensuring the retail networks are creating a client centric culture and mindset in all areas of the business, with a strong focus on in-store clienteling and store actions. With the guidance of the Vice President, Client Engagement, the role will lead the localization and execution of the regional clienteling programs that result in strong results in engaging existing clients, recruiting new clients, and building strong loyalty of clients.
The Director, Client Development – Canada will be a strong partner and coach to store leadership to deliver results. They will mentor the client community, share best practices, have a regular presence in store and in regional meetings. In partnership with the Store Directors and Country Manager - Canada, they will define client activities based on business needs and objectives, make use of the gifting and entertainment budget and collaborate on identifying and targeting clients for attendance in local and global brand experiences.
The role will also be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of in-store events and client actions. They will support stores with defining store actions, defining a client targeting strategy to ensure strong attendance and ROI and excellence. They will monitor regional store actions and private client relations budgets; monitor investments, while tracking qualitative and quantitative results. They will identify new opportunities and innovative programs that support the region and ensure execution that elevates the client experience across all interactions.
Further, the role will be responsible to support omnichannel development – supporting the rollout and training of omnichannel services – including iPad in store, click and collect, and ship from store. The role will also support and act as a resource for the regional client service/ G9 team.
- Responsible for client engagement across the lifecycle, including translating insights into personalized store client action plans;
- Support the Canada store network with all necessary tools to reinforce in-store clienteling and provide guidance and training to ensure the retail teams use them properly and proactively;
- Support the implementation of new clienteling tools and programs, animate them, and ensure accountability in achieving the defined client engagement target;
- Communicate with the Country Manager - Canada retail and Vice President Client Engagement regarding all clienteling program evolutions including proactively sharing feedback from stores on needs and providing solutions/ adaptations to achieve goals;
- Discuss performance results of client engagement plans and develop action plans in concert with Country Manager - Canada, Client Services heads and individually with Store Directors;
- Develop and support the execution of elevated regional store actions; propose and develop new concepts and ideas for both recruitment and engagement;
- Oversee private client relations budgets; monitor investments and track qualitative and quantitative results;
- Guarantee localization and execution of Gucci’s clienteling program and practices;
- Improve client data capture, client appointment sales and client engagement;
- Motivate and coach leadership to reach business goals;
- Identify new concepts for brand experiences and client activations;
- Promote a customer-centric atmosphere across the retail network;
- Visit retail stores and Gucci 9 in the region to coach and train leadership teams on new initiatives and best practices;
- Work closely with the Country Manager - Canada and Client Engagement team to develop an action plan to share best practices and guarantee improvement in areas of opportunity.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in retail/luxury retail sales or management, training, or client development required;
- Multi-unit leadership and a track record in driving client development strategies with proven results;
- Deep understanding of client development behaviors and purchasing behaviors;
- Experiencing concepting and executing client events and in store actions, client moments;
- Collaborator with success working with cross functional teams;
- Flexibility to travel extensively and work within a retail schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Excellent leadership and people management skills;
- Comfortable with public speaking to a large audience;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills;
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Commercial awareness and business acumen;
- Passion for the fashion industry and knowledge of the luxury market/competitors.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Full time
- Nord America