GUCCI Financial Analyst - Store Expenses
Gucci - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The Gucci Financial Analyst – Store Expenses serves as a key member of the Finance team ensuring accurate and integral reporting of the North American region to Gucci worldwide headquarters, as well as departmental stakeholders and external/internal auditors. The main role of the Financial Analyst is to manage the allocation, analysis, and projection of retail operating expenses. This includes executing period closing, reconciling, and accruing expenses, preparing project models for forecast and budget and providing financials to senior management, departmental management, and worldwide executives.
- Process month-end accruals and reclassifications for operating expenses;
- Update monthly financial reporting package for budget holders; including month-end variance analysis of actuals vs. budget/forecast;
- Provide guidance to budget holders in terms of expenses and closely collaborate with them to control costs;
- Review and approve invoices relevant to budget categories ensuring proper coding and assignment;
- Prepare requested data and/or sampling requests for internal and external auditors;
- Develop reliable projection models for retail expenses, as well as related balance sheet accounts;
- Monitor year-to-date performances and spending trends in comparison to financial projections;
- Serve as a financial liaison to retail network and other departments;
- Maintain a rolling projection model for budgeting purposes at the cost center, expense line, and account level to be used in the bi-annual budget/forecast processes;
- Participate in the budget/forecast process for store expenses cost centers;
- Provide all necessary analytical support to store expenses cost centers;
- Analyze complex financial information and provide timely and accurate financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes;
- Assist in the development or improvement of internal controls and corporate procedures;
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field highly preferred;
- 1+ years of experience, particularly in financial analysis and cost controls;
- SAP and HFM experience, a plus;
- Must be proficient in Excel, as well as PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Flexibility with scheduling required and must be able to work longer hours during month-end close and projection period;
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to take initiative;
- Ability to multi-task, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with assigned deadlines;
- Able to work autonomously and without direct supervision;
- International experience (working or study abroad) a plus;
- Eager to learn, dedicated, diligent, highly organized, and reliable;
- Friendly, positive, and highly motivated;
- Must be a team player.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
- Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
- Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
- Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
- Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We Do
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Our Gucci community is committed to providing a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of the employee life cycle – starting with the candidate experience. If you are interested in becoming a Gucci Dream-maker and applying for employment and require a reasonable accommodation to assist with any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
When contacting us, please provide your contact information, the role you have applied to, and the nature of your accessibility issue. Please only send inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations.
Salary Range – New York City
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, GUCCI includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $70,000 USD to $75,000 BGT USD.
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America