GUCCI Regional eCommerce Assistant Merchandiser
Gucci - Regular
New York - United States of America
The eCommerce Regional Assistant Merchandiser will assist with all digital activities for Gucci.com within the region to reach full potential in each category and communicate a consistent brand and product story to our clients. He/she will be part of regional eCommerce team, with a dotted line to the General Merchandising Manager. At the regional level, he/she will also be the point person for the Men’s and Children’s product content, Consumer Relationship Management and Retail Buying Teams.
- Inform the Worldwide Digital Buying team of regional specificities and needs as they relate to product selection and assortment throughout the year;
- Accountable for providing the Worldwide teams with regional expertise;
- Be present in the showroom during Men’s and Children’s Buying Campaigns to understand product strategy and how it will be adapted within the region;
- Manage back orders, pre-orders, and clients’ special requests in partnership with the Worldwide Digital Buyer;
- Manage intercompany transfers in partnership with inventory control and warehouse to ensure timeliness;
- Collaborate with Worldwide Digital Merchandising on the site’s navigation structure, ensuring it reflects regional naming norms, buys and consumer trends;
- In collaboration with the Regional eCommerce Visual Merchandise Coordinator, monitor the site to ensure it reflects the buying strategy and Visual Merchandising guidelines;
- Participate in eCard planning and home page product rotation in alignment with Worldwide guidelines, product marketing calendar in respect to the buying strategy;
- Responsible for message consistency from eCard to landing pages through top hero alignment;
- Check inventory of products featured in ecards and communicate any delivery delays to team;
- Provide expertise on local market performance and customer buying behaviors;
- Responsible for analyzing competitors and benchmark their online activity;
- Analyze weekly/monthly sales results and react promptly;
- Monitor product delivery windows weekly and update the team on in-transit and delays;
- Partner with WW Digital Buying Team for updated delivery information;
- Reinforce product knowledge before the launch of any new collections and support the regional Online Sales Associates (call center) for any client requests;
- Support digital activities by putting together assortment proposals and assisting with samples.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- A passion for the fashion industry with strong product knowledge and understanding of eCommerce;
- 3 -5 years’ experience, of which 2 years of eCommerce is mandatory;
- Hands on approach and a strong ability to work with matrix teams in a collaborative manner;
- Able to interact with flexibility and diplomacy with key stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and fluency in Italian a plus;
- Pro-active, creative problem solver;
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America