GUCCI Security Specialist - Boston Copley
Gucci - Regular
BOSTON - United States of America
The Security Specialist will support the store management team in leading the loss prevention responsibilities of providing a safe work environment while protecting the company assets. This role will also ensure the store maintains compliance with all security and loss prevention policies through training and auditing.
- Prevent losses through teamwork and training with retail management and staff;
- Handle emergency/crisis incidents while ensuring the safety and security of all store team members and clients;
- Develop strategies to achieve and maintain shrink results that meet company expectations;
- Support the vetting, training, scheduling, and overall management of vendor guards;
- Participate in store meetings and conduct 1 on 1 training with store team members to raise awareness of loss prevention and safety policies, procedures, and standards;
- Partner with management to ensure that merchandise is protected in accordance with Loss Prevention sensoring and cabling directives;
- Maintain a strong selling floor presence with a focus on the front zone;
- Support management team on completion of theft incidents, cash discrepancies investigations, and safety related reporting;
- Build productive relationships with store team members;
- Develop relationships with local law enforcement and LP/Security partners;
- Ensure proper functioning of all store security systems such as CCTV, EAS, and Access Control;
- Assist Regional Loss Prevention Manager with special projects;
- Support with all health and safety measures;
- Assist management with the organization, preparation and execution of physical inventories;
- Proactively monitor store controls to identify potential internal employee dishonesty.
- 2+ years LP and or security-related work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and confidently evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions.
- Experience in driving successful Loss Prevention, safety/fire/accident reduction & fraud prevention programs.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility for scheduling to meet business needs.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We Do
Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
- Full time
- Nord America
- United States of America