We are currently seeking a Department Manager who will report to the Store Director.
The Department Manager is a professional in the category(ies) they oversee and is responsible for implementing a clienteling mindset among their team(s) in order to guarantee the quantitative and qualitative goals assigned by department(s).
They behave as a brand ambassador and a proactive sales professional who operates according to the goals and processes fixed by the Store and Associate Store Director.
They are involved in their department team development by leading, motivating, and coaching individuals to achieve assigned target and goals.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
A BUSINESS DEVELOPER
- Implement action plans defined with the HQ and Flagship/Store director and ensure follow-up
- Assign targeted quantitative and qualitative goals to the department team(s)
- Analyze the results: daily, weekly, monthly and set up constant assessments
- Analyze sales based on corporate reports and verify warehouse stock for the department(s) involved
- Ensure that the display of the Department(s) involved is in order and supervise product rotation
- Communicate high quality relevant feedback and reporting to the Associate Store
- Director/Store Director or Store team
- Communicate on a daily basis technical and stock information related to the product to the store team in the Department(s)
- Punctually submit all the quantitative and qualitative information to the Buying team at HQ in order to communicate any requirements and to predict any possible issues
- Monitor business environment including local competition
- Keep store team informed at all times regarding Store performance
- Analyze sell through by category
A TALENT LEADER AND DEVELOPER
- Create and maintain a positive and motivating work environment
- Embody Balenciaga image and ensure that the team is also aligned
- Motivate and challenge store management and store team on a regular basis
- Support the Flagship/Store Director and Associate Store Director in setting up goals and animate morning briefs, one to one meetings, etc.
- Organize and plan the department(s) activities, providing available resources to achieve the expected workload and maximize profitability
- Partner with the Associate Store Director and Flagship/Store Director to recruit, train and develop your team
- Identify and develop the strengths of each store team member, supporting professional growth through training and coaching approach
- Train team on “in Store” actions to develop client loyalty
- Lead by example and facilitate teamwork
A BRAND PROMOTER (CLIENTS)
- Behave as a Balenciaga Ambassador, sustain and promote the culture of the brand
- internally and externally
- Ensure that your department(s) constantly provides the standards of Balenciaga services, image and values
- Ensure Balenciaga Signature and Client experience are executed and consistent over time
- Inspire both clients and store team by embodying the Balenciaga Universe
- Ensure that the image of the Store is aligned with Balenciaga standards
- Follow up CEE and NPS scores and set up actions accordingly
- Assure the recruitment, development and retention of clients, from beginners to VICs
- Supervise sales to ensure Client journeys execution and omnichannel consistency
- Ensure a qualitative and qualitative approach on managing the store clients portfolio and execute action plans
- Promote and develop clienteling mindset, follows the sales to VIC and VVICs
- Personally manage all delicate situations regarding issues related to the product
A PROCESS MANAGER
- Ensure that all the processes are in compliance with legal, safety, internal requirements,
- sustainability, HR and stock organization
- Take all the necessary measures to ensure loss prevention and safety in the store
- Ensure the correct rotation of the goods in the warehouse for the department(s) involved
- Adhere, inform and follow-up on all processes and guidelines
- Execute team planning on a weekly and monthly basis and summit it the Associate Store Director
- Challenge current processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in your department
- Cooperate with the other Department managers regarding all issues related to the product and internal processes
- Optimize warehouse management in order to make the stocking of goods as efficient as possible in terms of sales, in collaboration with the Operations manager
WHO YOU ARE
- Commitment to take part of an innovative project
- Product sensitivity and a strong market/fashion trends knowledge, paired with a good general culture level
- At least 3 years of experience in a managerial position (5 people)
- Significant experience in the luxury industry: client portfolio
- Clienteling mindset: client engagement and loyalty
- Precision, organizational skills: being able to organize and prioritize tasks based on the needs of the business
- Adaptability, openness, listening abilities, curiosity
- High availability, responsiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and improve
- Mastering digital skills
WHY WORK WITH US?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Balenciaga’s Yorkville team as a Department Manager who will drive the business and contribute to the brand philosophy. We invite you to become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms; race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law, enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for and it is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.