If you are a Dream-maker, this is the place for you. Together, we’ll create the real fabric of Gucci. A community of people united by the same passion: breaking new ground in the fashion world and beyond.
The Gucci Visual Merchandiser, Southwest, based in Los Angeles, is responsible for overseeing visual merchandising for the retail stores within the Southwest market. The primary responsibilities will be to manage and orchestrate all visual directives and standards for interior merchandising and windows, as well as in- store special events, by interpreting the global visual merchandising vision with the goal of driving business performance in our sales channels.
- Create and execute appealing visual presentations that enhance the client experience and maximizes sales;
- Provide strategic guidance, directives, and partnership with store teams in relation to promoting sales of products through visual merchandising, using independent judgment and discretion based on each store’s individual specifications and business needs;
- Be the market subject matter expert on brand aesthetics and visual merchandising trends of competitors;
- Interpret global creative strategy to adapt to market needs using individual creativity and discretion, based on analysis of each store in the market;
- Analyze selling reports and other data-based tools to react to current and changing needs of the business at the national and individual store level;
- Train and coach store teams and in-store visual ambassadors regarding visual standards and substitutions;
- Curate company visual campaign books for store set-ups;
- Ensure store visual displays are consistently interpreted based on the global creative vision;
- Train stores on visual merchandising standards and best practices;
- Partner with store director, merchandising dept, and other key stakeholders to identify novel solutions to improve store performance;
- Responsible for direct communication with worldwide (WW) visual merchandising team;
- Develop and implement visual merchandising zoning plans for stores within assigned market;
- Oversee store visual tools and inventory and ensure they are well-maintained, stored properly and meet brand standards;
- Communicate visual updates regarding recaps from store visits with company headquarters in Italy;
- Establish store visit rotation and ensure travel to assigned market meets business needs;
- Manage respective travel budget and prepare travel projections.
- 3+ years visual merchandising experience with multi-store scope preferred;
- Must be very flexible with hours of work and comfortable with ever changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Available to work ad hoc overnights and weekends to meet urgent deadlines;
- Ad hoc travel at short notice may be required several times throughout the year;
- Strong attention to detail and passion to work quickly/efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and basic photography skills;
- Must be open and available to regular travel as needed (up to 75% of the time) within the market to support the visual team as needed.
Key Pillars for Ways of Working
- Execute the mission of the role with a Radically Client-Centric mindset;
- Approach activities and relationships with a methodology that promotes Flat, Connected and Fast ways of collaborative working;
- Be Relentlessly Creative and approach challenges with an innovative mindset;
- Demonstrate that Everyone is an Owner through thoughts, actions, and behaviors.
Key Behaviors to Amplify What We Do
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance, and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing, and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Our Gucci community is committed to providing a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of the employee life cycle – starting with the candidate experience. If you are interested in becoming a Gucci Dream-maker and applying for employment and require a reasonable accommodation to assist with any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us, please provide your contact information, the role you have applied to, and the nature of your accessibility issue. Please only send inquiries concerning requests for reasonable accommodations.
Salary Range – California
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, GUCCI includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $72,000 to $80,000.
Eligible employees may also participate in an employee benefits program as well as an incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)