MEA Customs and Trade Compliance Specialist
Kering - Regular
DUBAI - United Arab Emirates
Reporting to MEA Logistics Manager, the MEA Customs and Trade Compliance Coordinator manages and monitors all Customs and Trade compliance activities for the region in coordination with Central Customs and Trade Compliance team.
They ensure that customs flows, shipping documentation, and all products imported in the region correspond to local regulations and requirements. They work with regional brokers, forwarders and involved stakeholders to facilitate customs clearance in case of issues.
As part of a global logistics and distribution supply chain, they ensure the application of the WW Customs and Compliance strategies and processes, in alignment with local flows, rules and regulations.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team and effectively communicate and coordinate with Kering and its Brands’ operational teams is essential.
- Ensure implementation of best practices in clearance, deliveries to the warehouse and distribution to the stores, keeping up to date with current and upcoming customs and compliance legislation
- Setup and manage the infrastructure of the flows in line with each country’s Customs rules and regulations, and support in documents preparation related to shipping activity (Product Test reports, Certificates of origin, SABER, CITES, Jewelry, Cosmetics, ATA Carnet, etc.)
- Ensure high service level and accuracy compliance with the different contracted logistics providers.
- Maintain efficient communication and collaborate with the different departments of Kering and provide consultancy to Brands for Customs and Compliance related matters
- Monitor compliance of Inbound/Outbound and Reverse logistics flows
- Contribute to develop business by analyzing logistical problems and proposing new solutions
- Perform analysis and maintain metrics and reports to improve on current operational processes
- Ensure a comprehensive visibility on projects, monitoring impacts and effort required and assessing project results and benefits
- Support for the Customs and Trade Compliance procedures implementation and monitoring
- Coordinate with origin and the brands for special orders, MTO, CITES and special events to meet the agreed deadlines