BOUCHERON Retail Director, China
Boucheron - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
Retail Director, China
The Retail Director, China, will be responsible for the business performance of retail stores and the achievement of customer, revenue and profitability goals, setting store operation policies and financial targets and ensures proper communication between management and store managers and shop personnel on their proper implementation, maintaining and monitoring store operation efficiency and that presentation of stores meet company standards.
Your main missions would be the following:
- Take all actions necessary to achieve sales objectives, and define best corrective actions both short term and long term;
- Responsible for P/L for the retail stores for the China;
- Prepare annual sales and profit budget for the stores of the designated region, keep costs under control;
- Ensure proper day-to-day operation of directly operated retail stores;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic initiatives designed to drive growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and operation efficiency and productivity;
- Conduct analysis of product trends and potential to ensure adequate and appropriate stock levels;
- Collaborate with Marcom Department in special events to enhance the brand image and sales;
- Develop operation standard in accordance with Corporate guidelines to ensure consistency with overall image and service standard of the brand;
- Collaborate with the stores and events teams in developing creative and engaging concepts as well as in the execution of all client events, including in-store and brand experiences. Provide required support in identifying invitees and ensure client follow-up, either personally or by providing an appropriate plan for sales associates.
- Provide required support to sales associates in developing clienteling support tools such as thank you notes, birthday gifts, seasonal gifts and other personalization opportunities.
- Client development by proactively establishing partnerships for customer acquisition through local networking.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising Department to ensure proper in-store merchandise presentation to ensure the image of the brand;
- Partner with Training Department to promote retail and operation training to store staff to ensure quality service is maintained within all stores;
- Partner with Human Resources Department to ensure the proper development of people in stores through the diffusion of the best practices and the direct involvement into business activities;
- Build good relationships with landlords and developers;
Who you are:
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience of brand management or retail operations in specialty stores or international luxury brand companies, most recently at a senior level
- Practical and hands-on experience of China market with a proven track record of effective brand building initiatives and the ability to drive business goals
- Mature with strong leadership and communicator with a proven track record in leading, inspiring, coaching, developing and succession planning of large sales teams to support the growth of business
- Possess high level of commercial acumen, self-initiative, strategic and analytical mindset combined with a drive for results
- Good team player with proven ability to partner with business leaders and scope strategies to achieve sales targets, contribution objectives and the efficient use of the resources
- Fair and ethical with unquestionable integrity and could command respect from fellow colleagues
- Good command of written and spoken English, Chinese speaking is a must
- Extensive travelling will be required
- Full time
- Mainland China