KERING Network Engineer
Kering - Regular
Singapore - Singapore
The Network Engineer will be part of the APAC team and will work closely not only with the MIS teams in the region but also with vendors and suppliers, other business units, brands within the group company and the global MIS teams in EMEA to design, set up and handle daily administrations of the group network environment, with ad-hoc troubleshooting of large scale MNC IT network. The incumbent will also be required to support system and project implementation including vendor and project management to meet business requirements.
How you will contribute
Under the direction of the Network Manager, APAC, to be involved in MIS activities relating to all aspects of Infrastructure (network, WiFi, servers, data center, telephony) as a part of MIS Team servicing all Luxury Group brands as well as Lifestyle divisions in APAC, including Japan.
- Primary responsibility will be to manage the Network (WAN, LAN, Security, Wireless and VoIP) with regional requirements, working within the Global and Regional guidelines.
- Lead the project on LAN refreshment including replacing legacy switch and access points with Cisco brands product. The scope covers all offices, stores, and warehouses for the entire APAC.
- Working with local MIS team to apply new VLAN and IP schema in every site by following the guidelines given by the APAC Network Team.
- Deploying the new Cisco wireless technology in every site with local MIS teams and following defined standards in different types of sites (offices, stores, and warehouses).
- Using the Wireless LAN Controller to manage all APs and able to convert them from Autonomous and Lightweight mode.
- Detail the operation procedures on MLAN and MWLAN.
- Plan, manage and deliver various infrastructure related network projects under the direction of the Network Manager.
- Support day-to-day business activities and tier 3 supports related to the Infrastructure and Network areas.
- Able to setup test lab for new solutions or PoCs provided by vendors or using it for troubleshoot existing issues.
- Manage Change Requests and Change Controls.
- Analyze and validate existing systems and create standards to govern technical procedures and designs.
- Manage and audit proper security measurements over the regional network estate.
- Responsible for handling the documentation of operation procedures in compliance and audit processes.
- Developing user manuals to aid the deployment of new technology and solutions.
- Continuously improve support operations and processes while effectively controlling costs.
Who you are?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or equivalent in education and experience
- 6+ years of total IT experience
- Hands-on installation experience in Network (LAN, WAN, VoIP, WAE, WIFI, VPN, Access Point, L2/3 Switch) - Cisco Certification is desired (CCNP)
- 3 years’ experience as a network engineer in retail / luxury brand company or MNCs
- Experience in managing Cisco WLC and Cisco Prime / WCS in regional firm previously
- Experience in managing Cisco routers as well as L2/L3 switch, including the legacy types
- Experience in Cisco TACAS
- Experience in Network Monitoring System
- Experience in DNS/DHCP product such as IPAM
- Knowledge in Cisco ASA and Checkpoint
- Knowledge in Juniper SSL-VPN
- Knowledge in F5 Load-balancer
- Knowledge in Riverbed WAN accelerator
- Knowledge in Cisco / Polycom IPT
- Knowledge in Polycom / Tandberg VC
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems independently and to generate innovative solutions over a large scale network
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
Why work with us?
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enrich the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a dynamic team in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
- Full time