ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Global Communications and Special Projects Director
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking Global Communications and Special Projects Director reporting to the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, based in our London offices.
The Global Communications and Special Projects Director will play a key role in Create and implementing the global communications and special projects strategy for Alexander McQueen
How you will contribute
- Manage the press and special projects team in the UK head office, including womenswear, menswear, accessories, special projects, exhibitions, and corporate categories whilst working hand-in-hand with digital and social media, CRM, VIP, Creative Identity and production teams on all projects
- Key point of contact with six international press offices and teams, including USA, EMEA, APAC, China, Korea and Japan, liaising on general press and media strategy, features, product, VIP, gifting and social / digital activations worldwide
- Devise global product and corporate features and strategies with the Chief Marketing Officer and Creative Director, liaising with the international communications teams to ensure projects achieve maximum impact
- Manage direct press enquiries and interviews with the Creative Director
- Oversee all CEO interviews and enquiries with CMO
- Oversee international fashion shows, events, store openings and all key activities in each market, working directly with the regional communications teams to create focused and detailed strategies
- Supervise and edit all copy for the company, including press releases, collection notes and e-comm newsletters
- Manage all exhibitions-related activities and the Special Projects team. Oversee concept creation with Creative Director and external consultants and manage elements of all initiatives from preliminary idea to completion
- Manage the Alexander McQueen education programme with external consultants, liaising closely with CMO and Creative Director to bring projects to life
- Oversee external philanthropic sponsorships, partnerships and donations
- Crisis management – first point of contact for any international press-sensitive issues
- Oversee department budgets and manage all project budgets with CMO
Your skills and experience
- Excellent organisation and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Previous luxury experience highly desirable
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom