Maintenance & Handyman Operative
Kering - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking a Maintenance & Handyman Operative to join our team based in London.
As part of the Facilities team, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent team working attitude, communicate with people at all levels, have a hands-on approach to problem solving and work on their own initiative.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a customer facing job role, experience in a previous role doing maintenance and be London based for callouts.
How you will contribute
We are looking for a handyman to manage the maintenance across our UK stores and offices. The successful candidate will have experience working in a customer facing job role, experience in a previous role doing maintenance and be London based for callouts. Reporting to the Facilities Manager and based in our office in London, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Facilities Manager in liaising with Store Managers and Suppliers to coordinate all Site Visits for Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance, Waste Management, and ongoing projects
- Working closely with the Facilities Manager to plan any works that are handled in house i.e., decorating, repairs, painting, carpentry, lock changes, basic plumbing, and other multi-skilled physical tasks
- Manage some maintenance issues out of hours, such as emergency call outs or to conduct the annual electrical tests for all UK stores and offices
- Resolve any issues / requests coming from stores, including installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, electricity-distribution equipment, lighting fixtures, electrical problems, and various control systems
- Advising the Company’s management when to replace aged electrical equipment to prevent hazards
- Performing routine cleaning and testing, like outlet flushing, temperature checks and emergency lights tests.
- Daily Admin for Compliance Works, maintaining upkeep of all Retail Stores & Head Office records and respond efficiently to emergencies
- Supporting the Facilities Manager in coordinating security systems (intruder alarms, CCTV, access controls) including cancelling/opening contracts for all sites and liaising with suppliers around any store closures and openings
- Supporting the Facilities Manager on any facilities Issues both in our retail and corporate outlets.
Who you are
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar facilities role
- Experience within the retail industry highly desirable
- Must possess certified electrical qualifications such as MEIWC or equivalent. Preferable: EIC or equivalent
- In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Ability to manage conflicts calmly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Decision making ability and sense of responsibility
- Planning and organizational skills with a passion for Facilities Management and H&S
- Able to partake in manual tasks, including but not limited to: lifting of heavy equipment or tools, moving or lifting furniture, carrying heavy loads, etc.
- Able to implement all health & safety regulations including fire precautions, electrical requirements, and manual handling amongst others.
Why work with us?
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom