We are currently seeking a Facilities & General Services Specialist, Americas who will report to the Facilities Manager.
The Facilities Specialist is an integral member of the Store Planning & Facilities Department, and is responsible for retail and corporate facility operations within the AMER region. In this role, you will engage and own daily utilization of the ServiceChannel platform for streamlined facilities management, in collaboration with all tiers of store management, corporate support teams, and retail leadership.
In partnership with the Facilities Manager and/or external providers, this scope will manage a diverse range of tasks ranging from repairs, maintenance, CapEx minor works, and supply/material ordering related but not limited to HVAC, Cleaning, Fire Protection Systems, Vertical Transportation, General Repairs, Pest Control, Office Supplies. The Specialist will based in NYC and be the go-to for the NYC corporate office and manage a Retail Region with 15+ retail locations.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain robust relationships with Retail Managers, Store Directors, Corporate business stakeholders and External Partners.
- ServiceChannel: Leverage ServiceChannel on a daily basis for tracking and managing all facilities requests, aligning with store management and vendor networks for seamless execution. Budget adherence tracked through ServiceChannel and monthly reviews.
- Issue Identification & Resolution: Proactively identify challenges and coordinate solutions with relevant internal and external teams.
- Financial Oversight: In partnership with the Facilities Manager, keep an up-to-date summary of all Opex and Capex spend for your assigned region. These costs will be reviewed with Finance-related teams on a monthly basis, at minimum to stay within fiscal budget (Opex, CapEx).
- NYC Office Management: Manage the NYC corporate office, overseeing supply ordering, vendor coordination, and other general duties.
- Regional Assignments: Take charge of a Retail Region that includes at least 15+ locations and the Corporate Office, ensuring each aligns with brand standards and preserve business operations that includes monthly site visits.
- Team Collaboration: Lead bi-weekly and as needed emergency internal meetings and communications with Retail Team Leadership and assist the Facilities Manager in coordinating external vendor meetings.
- Leadership Communication: Provide regular status updates to Retail Team Management & Leadership, Facilities Manager and VP of Store Planning. Work to address urgent facilities issues immediately and escalate any issue to Manager and VP of Store Planning.
- Quality Assurance: Perform on-site walkthroughs (documented in ServiceChannel) to verify the quality of repairs executed or needed, and regularly update the Manager and VP of Store Planning & Facilities. Ensure preservation of brand standards, Paris design intent and business operations.
- Emergency Response: Quickly address and escalate urgent facilities issues as needed, including after-hours coverage (as is the nature of Facilities Management)
- Documentation: In partnership with the Facilities Manager, streamline documentation processes and organizational methods that benefit retail store teams, corporate team members, and external vendors across the entire region.
- Timely Communication: Efficient store support measured via ServiceChannel metrics and Retail Team feedback. Adhering to deadlines through timely project management and completion, tracked via ServiceChannel
- Autonomy: Ownership of dedicated region and day to day tasks, reporting to Facilities Manager.
- Internal: Partner crossfunctionally with partners in Store Planning, Retail Excellence & Operations, Real-Estate, Finance, IT, Security, Visual Merchandising, and Human Resources.
- Vendor Network: Relationships with vendors and suppliers, ranging from self-performing, national and international.
- Industry Counterparts: Liaison with professionals in similar roles for best practices.
- Account Managers: Coordination with service providers on contract execution and delivery.
- Local Authorities & Landlords: Interactions related to permits, safety inspections, lease negotiations, maintenance coordination and general compliance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of standard quality means and materials in construction and millwork for luxury retail environments
- Able to take initiative and take charge of work without daily supervision
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis (30%)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience within a retail organization with an international exposure. In-store retail experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction administration field.
- Ability to prioritize task execution based on business needs
- Rigor, sense of organization and multi-tasking management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a positive work environment while respecting brand values and behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York, BALENCIAGA includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This considers the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. In addition, where a candidate falls within the disclosed range estimate may be dependent on the applicable geographic differential associated with the location in which the position may be filled.
A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $68,000 USD to $78,000 USD.
WHY WORK WITH US?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Balenciaga’s New York Team as a Facilities & General Services Specialist, Americas who will drive the business and contribute to the brand philosophy. We invite you to become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms; race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law, enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for, and it is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.