ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Department Manager
Alexander McQueen - Regular
ROMA - Italy
How you will contribute
As the leader of a client facing team, you must be an ambassador for our brand whilst having strong commercial awareness and entrepreneurial skills to drive the Company forward.
You will be primarily responsible for the management of the 2 Corners, the staff within them and the stock. This will include personnel management, exceeding defined business targets whilst working within given budgets and building the brands image through sales.
Sales Objectives & Targets
- Aim to exceed all sales targets set by the Company by constantly building and maintaining a strong client base.
- Analyse sales figures and CRM activity to devise and execute strategies for sales generation in order to meet monthly goals.
- Maintain awareness of local and luxury market trends and monitoring local competition activity.
Store Standards & Stock Controlling
- Adhere and reinforce the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines.
- Support with store operations in the most effective way whilst minimizing costs.
- Oversee store staff in order to ensure that they adhere to inventory management guidelines/practices, stocktake and consignment procedures and policies.
- You must lead and motivate staff by being a role model and setting an exceptional example.
- Support in-store training, especially on product knowledge and internal procedures.
- Regularly update staff on business performance.
Your Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English and Italian.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment.
- Ability to initiate contact and communication.
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time