Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Kering and Marie Claire Launch “Fashion Our Future”, An Initiative Dedicated to Sustainable Fashion
Kering is thrilled to announce that we are launching a global initiative on women and responsible fashion called “Fashion Our Future” in collaboration with Marie Claire.
Panel discussion on Vintage & Upcycling with Suzi de Givenchy, Ronald Van der Kamp and Vanessa Masliah from Vestiaire Collective
Material Innovation Lab (MIL) booth
Upcycling workshop with leather leftovers
Conversation between Marie-Claire Daveu and Katell Pouliquen
As an industry leader in Luxury, Kering has a responsibility to lead the way in innovation and sustainable luxury. As an influential global media brand, Marie Claire has a unique opportunity to inform, inspire and mobilize consumers and turbocharge a global shift in the way people consume.
Kering and Marie Claire will leverage their combined knowledge, skills and access to industry experts, celebrities and activists to determine together the best and most persuasive content topics, panel themes, speakers and partners.
This new initiative will focus on women, fashion and sustainability, addressing the great public.
To raise awareness and encourage actions, we will be launching a global social media campaign around sustainability. The campaign will showcase people’s day to day efforts for sustainability as they talk about a change that they have made in their daily life to be more sustainable. To be a part of this global movement, use the hashtag #BeTheChange and tag Marie Claire and Kering’s official channels.
A first flagship event will take place in Paris, at La Caserne on 16th June and will be a day filled with talks, workshops, expositions and seminars on fashion and sustainability. During this event, we will:
- Have multiple expositions showcasing responsible pieces from Gucci, Balenciaga and Bottega Veneta.
- There will be a Material Innovation Lab (MIL) booth where audiences can touch and feel innovative and responsible textiles from this Kering resource hub based in Milan.
- There will be an upcycling workshop where participants can upcycle leftover leather to create their own pouch.
- There will be multiple talks and panel discussions on animal welfare, pollution, innovation, vintage fashion, climate change, women acting for change and more.
- We will also be welcoming designer many changemakers and influencers including Sebastien Kopp, the founder of VEJA, Suzie de Givenchy, Aïssa Maïga, Erin Wasson and more.
Photos: Antoine Flament
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods and Jewelry : Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, DoDo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow’s Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination”. In 2021, Kering had over 42,000 employees and revenue of €17.6 billion.