ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Assistant Accountant
Alexander McQueen - Regular
London - United Kingdom
We are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join our finance team based in London team.
The Assistant Accountant will be working across both Alexander McQueen and MCQ brands with the main focus being on looking after the full financial function of the MCQ brand, from coding of invoices and processing expenses through to analysing monthly reporting (PL and Balance sheet) and assisting with budget and forecasting. While the main focus of the role will be on MCQ there will also be cross over with Alexander McQueen. This role will be well suited to an individual with a high level of attention to detail, strong organisational skills and a team player who is looking for an all-encompassing finance role.
How you will contribute:
- You will be responsible for managing Accounts Payable including but not limited to high volume invoice coding, approving and managing Purchase Orders, managing supplier’s queries, reconciling accounts and reviewing supplier payment runs.
- Manage and reconcile petty cash & travel expenses for the corporate teams, controlling cash card accounts where appropriate and ensuring that transactions are coded appropriately and accounted for.
- Assist in training end users and administering the Concur system, reviewing employee expenses, approving where necessary and effectively managing the database.
- You will support in managing credit control through raising and receipting invoices, reviewing aged debtors and chasing up outstanding invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Provide support with month-end activities including the submission of petty cash and credit card reconciliations, and invoices to recharge, alongside maintaining departmental cost trackers.
- Review monthly reporting (P&L and Balance sheet) with variance analysis
- Liaise with various departments for budget
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field of study
- CIMA/ACCA enrolled
- Proven experience in a similar Financial/ Reporting environment
- Strong knowledge of financial statements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highest level of attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Previous experience working within fashion or FMCG environment beneficial
- SAP or Oracle experience highly desirable
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- United Kingdom