Reporting and indicators
Kering uses an array of standards and indicators to ensure it is always striving toward the highest levels of economic, environmental, social, and ethical performance. A recognized leader in its industry, the Group publicizes its reports and the distinctions it receives from the main extra-financial rating organizations.
UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT
Since 2008, Kering Group has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact, an international initiative which unites businesses, UN agencies, labour, civil society and governments in order to advance ten universal principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. As such, Kering continues to integrate their 10 Principles into our businesses:
> 2016 Kering Group communication on progress
> 2015 Kering Group communication on progress
> 2014 Kering Group communication on progress
THE 10 PRINCIPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. The effective abolition of child labour;
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses are asked to support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Kering has set out an extensive set of requirements to ensure our actions go beyond compliance, and help the luxury industry move toward higher environmental, ethical and social standards. These Kering Sustainability Principles, embedded within the Group’s contract framework, apply to the ensemble of our luxury Maisons’ suppliers and sub-suppliers.
Kering statement on Modern Slavery.
Kering Sustainability Library
The Kering Sustainability LIbrary lists all key publicly available documents related to sustainability topics as part of Kering reporting.Access the Kering Sustainability Library
Kering has developed an innovative tool for measuring and quantifying the environmental impact of its activities. The Environmental Profit & Loss (EP&L) account is a key enabler of a sustainable business model, and one that Kering wishes to share with its peers in the Luxury industry and other sectors.