BOTTEGA VENETA, Merchandise Planner
Bottega Veneta - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
We are currently seeking a Merchandise Planner who will report to the Planning Manager, as part of our dynamic team in New York.
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly analysis of merchandising data and provides reporting and forecasting support to the Merchandising Team. Additionally, the Merchandise Planner will own and manage the replenishment business ensuring optimal stock and sales to drive this critical part of the business.
How you will contribute:
- Manage and organize the Merchandising Planning for the team during official Forecast time period and before Seasonal buys.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Team to identify growth opportunities and business challenges during planning process and work collaboratively to ensure plans meet company objectives
- Provide analysis and research to support the creation of by store/department plans collaborating with Retail, Merchandising and Finance
- Partner with GMM to translate plan changes and communicate revisions within the team and cross functional partners and senior leadership as needed
- Develop and oversee markdown strategies that tie to gross margin objectives on a seasonal basis in collaboration with finance local and global teams
- Effectively communicate with Worldwide Italy Offices on a consistent basis collaborating on all planning components related to the Merchandise Plan.
Strategy & Analytics
- Provide analysis and create quarterly reports for Merchandising Team as well as run weekly business recaps
- Create selling reports and provide historical recaps to analyze and communicate business performance.
- Analyze and reflect current trends in performance of strategy based on actual sales performance; revise in-season plans for sales and profitability based on current performance.
- Manage and own the Replenishment business overseeing sales projections, assortment mix, and inventory flow working directly with the Buying Team
- Analyze selling by model, fabric, color and size for replenishment program to provide feedback to the Worldwide team in order to improve future purchase decisions.
- Monitor weekly by store inventory for Replenishment business ensuring stock to sales is maximized and Global MOS target is achieved
- Follow-up with stores on sales, sell thru, merchandise transfers, and reorders for replenishment styles.
- Manage stock levels to maximize inventory within stores with the execution of transfers/consolidations.
- Coordinate product for new store openings as it relates to replenishment styles.
- Provide periodic reporting on business performance
- Routinely present recommendations and other analysis to Merchandising team related to driving long and/or
- short-term business goals
- Develop, maintain and update tools & reports to respond to business needs
Who you are:
- At least 2-3 years of previous planning/allocating experience
- Strong planning/forecasting skills including retail math, inventory flow/measures and metrics, and understanding of forecasting methodology
- Able to prioritize multiple projects with varying deadlines while maintaining a clear sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to develop realistic goals and schedules
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, effective leadership skills, flexibility/adaptability and outstanding organization/attention to detail
- Able to problem solve in a self-sufficient, resourceful manner resulting in creative, sound solutions
- Possess exemplary verbal/written communication skills as well as interpersonal aptitude across all levels of an organization
- Able to work productively in a team environment while also working autonomously, demonstrating strong initiative
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Salary Range- New York:
- Annual base salary range of $70,000 to $75,000 USD.
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- North America
- United States of America