GUCCI Assistant Buyer Luggage & Men's Small Leather Goods
Gucci - Regular
NEW YORK - United States of America
The Assistant Buyer for Luggage and Men’s Small Leather Goods ensures the flow of merchandise into the business through timely allocation and close dialogue with Customer Service, WW Merchandising, WW Corporate Retail, and Central Demand Planning. He/she supports the Buyer in managing the inventory by providing scheduled reporting and recommendations for actions as well as balancing stock to sales ratios through consolidations.
- Track deliveries and react to ensure value and percentage shipped is aligned with seasonal targets and improved on LY in close collaboration with Worldwide and Supply Chain;
- Make sure monthly deliveries are being closely monitored and communicated to Buyer and Visual Merchandising to ensure proper execution of planned visual display;
- Advise Buyer on reorder opportunities by forecasting to replenish stock and keep sales momentum;
- Analyze selling reports to execute stock movements, balance sales vs stock ratios by store in tandem with Inventory Planning;
- Execute store opening assortments and stock levels for new stores/refurbishments/floor moves.
- Timely execution of weekly standard reporting, analyzing and recommending actions to Buyer;
- End of month analysis, pricing initiatives, and ad-hoc analysis as needed;
- Prepare final selling reports for Buy Prep;
- Prepare selling reports and analysis for store visits;
- Adhoc reporting as needed by the Buyer;
- Analyze clientele profiles monthly to analyze customer purchase behavior and segmentations.
- Support Buyer to maximize sales and results by store through collaboration with the visual team to maximize exposure of best sellers, optimize floor capacity, and support brand initiatives – Minimum in store travel 3 days per quarter;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with retail network by working closely with store managers and sales associates to solidify Merchandising's role as a strategic support;
- In store presence to work with Visual Merchandising, gain insights into business by location, and motivate selling teams;
- Motivate sales force and provide product knowledge support to the stores;
- Lead by example with a high standard of professionalism, positive attitude, and desire to be at Gucci;
- Frequent communication of new product arrivals, business trends and eliciting feedback.
Seasonal Buying Campaign Support
- Required international travel up to 4 times a year;
- Ensures all buy preparation is created and distributed to all relevant team members;
- Ensures integrity of order information and buying tools;
- Provide Buyer with buy recaps for internal and WW assortment reviews;
- Keen understanding of the competitive landscape and assortment opportunities;
- Supports Buyer to articulate assortment strategies to internal, WW, and Retail partners.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business or a related discipline is required;
- Flexibility to travel with short notice and to work a demanding schedule which can include on an adhoc basis evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Full time
- North America
- United States of America