venerdì 29 maggio 2020
Kering celebrates Pride Month and reaffirms its commitments to promote LGBTQIA+ diversity and inclusivity
Kering celebrates the LGBTQIA+ pride month of June and reaffirms its commitment to create and maintain an equal and inclusive environment for all employee around the world, with the active support of its internal LGBTQIA+ and allied community named ALL.
“We are extremely proud to celebrate and support Pride Month. At Kering, we believe that diversity and equality are key pillars of a sustainable and creative company. We have a continued commitment to foster and maintain a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees around the world, including our LGBTQIA+ community. Kering looks forward to reaching new milestones as it increases the momentum of its initiatives”, said Béatrice Lazat, Chief People Officer at Kering.
Kering thus reaffirms its commitments to:
• Promote LGBTQIA+ diversity and inclusivity within the Group
• Create an inclusive environment where every LGBTQIA+ individual is valued
• Guarantee equal treatment and equitable benefits for LGBTQIA+
• Create an inclusive community and develop a sense of pride of belonging to the Group
As part of its 2025 Sustainability Strategy, Kering is promoting diversity through a series of practical commitments:
• Kering became a signatory to the UN Standards of Conduct for Business, which tackled discrimination against LGBTQ individuals
• Kering and key leaders across the fashion industry joined together to sign the ‘Open to All’ pledge
• Kering’s Group-wide baby family leave policy extends benefits to all new parents and their partners, including every family type, regardless of gender
• Kering signed the ‘Friends of the Court’ amicus brief which called for the federal protection of the LGBTQ civil rights for equal employment, housing, healthcare and education opportunities in the USA
• ALL has been established a year ago as an inclusive internal group for the LGBTQIA+ community and its supporters at Kering, looking to connect and educate by raising awareness internally and externally. It has more than 700 ALL ambassadors based in countries around the world including USA, Qatar, Brazil, Italy, France, United Kingdom and Australia
Kering and ALL commitments have also been realized through many of its Houses initiatives such as Balenciaga’s “Love Is for Everyone” campaign and Gucci’s Chime for Change.
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, DoDo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow’s Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination”. In 2019, Kering had nearly 38,000 employees and revenue of €15.9 billion.
Emilie Gargatte +33 (0)1 45 64 61 20 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie de Montreynaud +33 (0)1 45 64 62 53 email@example.com
Sade Teyibo (USA) +1 646 860 5306 firstname.lastname@example.org