BALENCIAGA – E-Commerce Copy & Language Service Intern – June 2024 (F/M)
Balenciaga - Student (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Paris - France
Cristóbal Balenciaga founded the House in 1917 in his home of Spain. In 1937, he established the brand in Paris, designing its collections there until 1968. Cristóbal Balenciaga had a reputation as a couturier of uncompromising standards and was referred to as "the master of us all" by Christian Dior and as “The Couturier of the Couturiers” by Gabrielle Chanel. The ultra-modern shapes were trademarks of the house.
While the brand’s identity is firmly rooted in its highly conceptual prêt-à-porter collections, its leather goods, footwear, and accessories experience worldwide success as well. Among the archetypal products of the House are its handbag collections. A new focus on the development of Balenciaga ready-to-wear collections for men was quickly established as highly successful.
Since October 2015, Demna has designed both men’s and women’s collections as the artistic director.
The Balenciaga House, part of the Kering group since 2001, is one of the most influential names in fashion.
The position lies within the E-Commerce Team and is based in the Balenciaga headquarters in Paris. As part of the E-Commerce Content Department, you will assist the team in writing descriptive texts for Balenciaga.com product pages, as well as for press credits or VIC remote orders. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the regional E-commerce teams for proofreading and checking descriptions.
How you will contribute
- Collaborate to the writing of product descriptions for Balenciaga.com - Coordination of the various product files concerned with E-merchandising & E-buying teams.
- Collaborate to the launching of the various text files for translation into the 7 languages - Coordination work with the agency.
- Assiduous proofreading and global check upon receipt of translated files – Coordination for feedback’s regions
- Collaborate in preparing Excel CSV files with BR tags and Bullet points before integration into PIM.
- Collaborate in drawing up translation and automation guidelines for the translation agency, with the aim of creating a solid translation memory.
- Global exchanges/meetings with Development and Studio to ensure full product information and knowledge of the entire collection.
- Check and follow-up online analysis, to improve descriptions, particularly in terms of global alignment
- Assist the team in their daily missions
Who you are?
- Enrolled in a master’s degree, you are looking for a 6 months internship
- Student or graduate in fashion business, styling, literature, or English would be a good profile.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Product and luxury goods knowledge and/or sensitivity.
- At least one experience in the product, luxury or editorial world would be a plus
- At ease with Excel
- At ease with words and writing
Why work with us?
Balenciaga is committed to fostering your professional development within the House and the Kering Group. We encourage our managers to create high-performance teams that strive for excellence. We support each of our employees so that they can express their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling work environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation… - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.