KERING OPERATIONS Material Innovation Laboratory - Innovation Manager
Kering - Regular
Novara - Italy
You will pioneer tangible change in sustainable material sourcing and a play a role in enabling modern Luxury’s traceable supply chain. Working with a team of passionate curators at our innovative in-house research hub, you will lead projects and initiatives that support our Houses in sustainable sourcing choices and drive the strategic value of the lab.
How you will contribute
- Identify, develop and manage pilot projects on sustainable raw material sourcing or new innovative processes with our Houses, suppliers, start-ups and other innovation partners
- Due diligence, research and compare new materials, material processes and material technologies to develop the materials library. Ensure the library database is organized correctly and kept constantly updated
- Coordinate with quality control and compliance teams to ensure chemical testing compliance as part of due diligence
- Desk research, analysis, due diligence and writing content on new technologies to deepen understanding of the current and the future sustainable raw materials landscape
- Act as an ambassador for the MIL in scouting new technologies and start ups
- Coordinate with Kering Sustainability Department regarding innovation research
- Coordinate meetings and workshops centered around innovation with Kering Houses to engage, nurture relationships and drive the value of MIL
Who you are
- A highly organized, committed project manager with 8-10 years’ experience in running projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experienced in supply chains, sustainable sourcing and material development
- An open-minded opportunity spotter with a thirst for innovation, as well as the insight to recognize the stages of maturity of ideas
- Technical knowledge of chemical textile engineering and processes: dyeing; finishing; wet processes and biotechnology helpful
- A passionate advocate of sustainable raw material sourcing and development in the Luxury sector with a focus on environmental science
- Experienced in compliance for performance testing of luxury materials and textiles
- A multi-tasking team-player who thrives in a fast-moving, international environment and has a positive approach to problem-solving
- Able to delegate tasks and nurture team members
- A fluent Italian speaker with strong English skills
Why work with us?
This is a unique opportunity to play a role in Kering’s vision of a better, more sustainable future for modern luxury. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their potential in an open, diverse and stimulating work environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time