GUCCI Business Controller
Gucci - Regular
New South Wales - Australia
To provide customers with good service, and to achieve sales target.
How you will contribute
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information to management team and corporate to support strategic decision-making process;
- Safeguard the company assets and ensure integrity of the financial processes and reporting by implementing appropriate internal controls within the company;
- Perform project evaluation for existing and new businesses, feasibility studies;
- Manage the upkeep of corporate governance standards and measures and ensuring compliance to statutory requirements;
- Manage treasury, and cash management to maximise liquidity for daily operational requirements;
- Work closely with shared service team under KERING Group whom supports Gucci on some transactional activities for Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger and Fixed Assets
- Maintain strong financial controls, including review of reconciliations for all general ledger and bank accounts;
- Review and, in conjunction with shared service, be hands on to prepare and post all journal entries affecting the general ledger as required;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and government authorities on auditing;
- Responsible for all tax-related issues and liaise with tax authority with all the tax declaration affairs;
- Identify and streamline finance processes, ERP system and further software integration;
- Monitor working capital, set targets / KPI for Receivables and Payables;
- Oversee and provide service and support to other Brands of the Group where required;
- Manage shared service to ensure the accuracy of their work, the achievement of deadlines and quality of their work;
- Other ad hoc projects or responsibilities as required.
Who you are
- Qualified accountant with post qualification experience within a multinational environment, preferably in luxury goods, FMCG, trading or retail sector;
- An exceptionally strong operational accounting background with exposure in a compliance role;
- Strong analytical and numeric skills with budgeting, forecasting and planning exposure;
- Mature with effective communication skills with drive, innovation and strong sense of commitment and adaptive to change;
- Hands on approach to problem solving and the ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage competing demands and prioritize initiatives in a fluid and dynamic sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Excellent team player with proven ability to partner with finance and non-finance stakeholders;
- Strong excel skills with experience on ERP (JD Edwards, SAP and Hyperion a plus)
Why work with us?
This is a great opportunity to join the Gucci adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Australasia / South Pacific