SAINT LAURENT Assistant Merchandising Manager
Saint Laurent - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
We are currently seeking an Assistant Merchandising Manager who will report to the Merchandising Manager, China as part of our dynamic team in China.
You will partner with Merchandising Manager in managing, analyzing and driving business for the Saint Laurent’s stores across China. This will involve understanding and communicating market needs and business specificities in order to achieve company goals.
- Develop and execute strategic business driving initiative cross all department under Men division (LUGGAGE, SLG, RTW, SHOES, SILKs, JEWELERY & SUNGLASSES)
- Making decisions on buying with supported analysis and study, well balance the OTB among styles, fabrics, functionalities, colors, etc. by well implementing the Saint Laurent image in China retail stores. At the same time maximize sales potential & monitor inventory.
- Responsible for implementing the merchandising strategies and ensuring to meet customer demands while driving the business forward in the merchandise category. Close follow up and support sales with necessary insights including training, CRM learning, and quick in action plan to sustain the business.
- Compose weekly, seasonal report and close collaborate with VM, CRM and Communication team for local events and projects
- Responsible for merchandising mix and assortment planning in accordance with respective merchandising strategies set by management
- Plan for and execute buying activities of designated product categories
- Monitor inventory, delivery and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, and responsible for merchandise allocations & stock replenishment
- Monitor sales and sell-through situations and execute appropriate strategies and tactics to liquidate stocks and boost sales, and take care of all mark-down/mark-up and merchandise related issues for seasonal sale periods
- Provide product training and fashion trend information to the front-line staff
- Regularly report to management for sales performance, merchandise mix, inventory situations and important issues, etc.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and target customer profile through regular research and competitive analysis
- Communicate to worldwide merchandising on product feedback and market needs including strategic pricing and product placement
- Own the product life cycle including seasonal assortment planning, line development and merchandise selection
- Demonstrate keen understanding of product, design and industry trends in order to aid product decisions and smart risk- taking
- Work closely with other internal departments including: Marketing, E-commerce, Operations, Visual Merchandising, Public Relations and Customer Service
- International travel to Paris as well local travel within Mainland China
- Education background: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in fashion merchandising/buying role with international fashion/luxury brand companies.
- Strong fashion and market sense with solid high-end fashion buying experience for the China market
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Excellent presentation, planning and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and communicator with a proven track record in leading, coaching, developing and succession planning of buying team
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Traveling will be required
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China