domenica 6 dicembre 2009
PPR is signing a new agreement with Agefiph in support of the employment of the disabled persons
The promotion of diversity and equality of opportunities is a long-running commitment at PPR and one of the priority issues of the Group’s social responsibility measures.
Since 2004, PPR Mission Handicap has developed an employment policy for the disabled persons which is centred around integration, training, maintaining in job, recourse to the protected sector and raising employee awareness.
In continuing this commitment and in order to further the success of previous partnerships, PPR is signing a new agreement with Agefiph which aims to maintain and develop the actions already undertaken by PPR Mission Handicap.
The purpose of this new partnership is to enable the PPR Group, together with its brands and branches, to continue the implementation, rollout and follow-up of its employment policy in support of the disabled persons, with the technical and financial support of Agefiph.
PPR’s employment policy for the disabled persons will thus continue along the following lines:
- Recruitment: the Group is committed to recruiting 40 disabled workers by the 31 December 2010, which will add to the 367 disabled employees taken on during the 4 years of previous partnerships.
- Training: PPR wishes to contribute to the increase in qualifications of disabled workers by supporting their access to training and notably developing professional training contracts and access to work placements. This work will be carried out in collaboration with school relations in order to select the appropriate training centres.
- Maintaining in job: the Group intends to keep its commitment to maintaining in job through a policy of incapacity prevention and the support of employees to whom the occurrence or worsening of a disability threatens their job.
- Raising awareness: PPR will not only continue its communication actions, but will also continue to mobilise all its employees to wipe out prejudices and change mentalities and behaviours towards disability in the company.
- Protected sector: The PPR Group reaffirms its willingness to weave perennial links with the protected sector and adapted companies as part of its sub-contracts, in liaison with the Group’s Purchasing direction.
- Solidarity: PPR wishes to increase its solidarity initiatives through the financial support provided to disability-related associations and through the payment of a part of the apprenticeship tax by each of the Group’s branches to disability-related training establishments.
The perimeter of this new agreement concerns Fnac, Redcats Group, Gucci Group and PPR Holding, in France. The agreement has been established for a duration of 15 months, from 31 October 2009 to 31 December 2010. As for the Conforama branch, it continues its actions in support of disability as part of a specific company agreement signed in 2007 with its social partners.
PPR develops a portfolio of high-growth global brands. Through its general consumer brands and its luxury brands, PPR generated sales of EUR 20.2 billion in 2008. The Group is present in 94 countries with approximately 88,000 employees. PPR shares are listed on Euronext Paris (FR 0000121485, PRTP.PA, PP FP).
To explore the universe of PPR brands, go to www.ppr.com: Fnac, Redcats Group (La Redoute, Vertbaudet, Somewhere, Cyrillus, Daxon, Ellos, The Sportsman’s Guide, The Golf Warehouse and brands of the plus-size division), Conforama, Puma and the Luxury brands of Gucci Group (Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Boucheron, Sergio Rossi, Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney).
Agefiph represents the funds for the professional integration of the disabled persons. It offers advice and not only supports the disabled, but also employers and integration professionals, with the support of a network of partners. Agefiph is in line with an agreement signed with the state. In 2008, Agefiph created 205,000 aids and support for the disabled persons (+8% in comparison to 2007) and over 65,000 for companies.
Charlotte Judet+33 (0)1 45 64 65 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Germanaud+33 (0)1 45 64 61 email@example.com