KERING Regional Manager – IFRS16 & Lease Accounting - APAC
Kering - Regular
Kowloon - Hong Kong
This position is responsible for Lease Accounting and relevant projects for the APAC region (7 Centres) and for all Kering brands
How you will contribute
- Document and streamline the entire lease recording and accounting process, establish a clear SLA with Kering Fashion & Luxury brands and design in APAC, implement and publish monthly KPIs supporting this SLA
- Ensure the full compliance each month of lease related posting - in local financial systems and in Kering group consolidation system – with IFRS16 and local GAAPs. Overview 7 countries in APAC and support all building & stores leases of all brands in Kering Group.
- Ensure the roll-out of Kering Lease Accounting Solution (IBM Tririga) in the APAC region in 2019/20
- Contribute to the project of integration of the lease accounting solution into SAP – starting 2020
- Ensure 100% accuracy and timeliness of monthly rent and other lease obligation payments.
- Design and implement insightful dashboard and metrics using IBM Tririga and / or other BI solutions (e.g. Power BI, Dataviz…)
- Develop a regional approach to the lease accounting process, and optimize use of resource across the 7 shared services centers
- Support Finance SSC objective to become 100% paperless, and design controls that leverage digital capabilities
- Acting as a thought-leader, develop and implement on-going training and education modules on IFRS16 & Lease Accounting with internal stakeholders (Kering fashion & luxury brands, global & regional functions). Deliver these training in person (1 per quarter) to other finance, legal and brand teams and prepare e-learning module that can be delivered through Kering LMS (“Kering Campus”)
- Identify the relevant certification (e.g. AICPA…) and work with all 7 APAC Finance Shared Services to ensure that we have at least 3 team members certified at any given time.
- Communicate regularly with Brand Management, in the region and HQ on the service delivered, and assess their satisfaction every year through a quick formalized survey.
- Communicate at least monthly with the consolidation team (HQ, in Paris) and ensure alignment of activities and priorities.
Long Term Strategic Objectives:
- Through process and skills improvement, leads the APAC Finance SSC organization toward ISO certification on quality & controls
Who you are
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Relevant Professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, AICPA, IIA, IMA…)
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in leading and working in cross-functional teams across different business functions
- Ability to interact credibly with technical & business function professionals as well as senior executives
- Record of leading process improvement and standardization initiatives.
- Extensive working knowledge and background working shared service / matrix organizations
- Solid understanding of IFRS and financial statements.
- Software implementation experience preferably lease accounting or related software
- Good understanding of retail leases across the APAC markets
- Working knowledge of financial systems used within large organizations (preferably SAP)
- Demonstrated excellent English written & spoken communications, and strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of Lease Accounting and best practices, acquired in Audit, Internal Audit, Internal Control, compliance department, or sophisticated finance function of a mod-size to large corporation
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Hong Kong