POMELLATO_ HR Manager
Pomellato - Regular
Tokyo - Japan
HR Manager Job Description
Pomellato Japan HR Manager reporting to the North Asia General Manager, who will play an instrumental role in delivering on the People Strategy at this exciting time of growth for the brand, Taking the lead on various strategic HR projects including the start-up of the HR department internally by working closely with HQ, Regional and Shared Services Teams.
Human Resources serves as a business partner to both Retail and Corporate to support the
company’s mission by continually striving to develop and grow as well works close with the Management teams to build an engaging environment focused on clear expectations and reward & recognition. Rather than just solving issues and driving compliance, the Human Resources Manager focuses on developing comprehensive solutions and measuring their impact on results.
- Provide timely HR service to the organization, Advice on best practices and guidance on the interpretation and practical applications of HR policies, procedures, and legislation;
- Ensure consistency in all execution of HR policies and practices;
- Create and maintain position descriptions for all roles in key areas to ensure role clarity across functions;
- Oversee the hiring and separations processes – reviewing all applications, employment offers, and terminations prior to finalizing. HR will process all exit interviews and separation agreements.
- HR Manager has the interest and ability to know how the business works, analyze business trends, and integrate talent management initiatives to impact business performance;
- Formulates business strategies focused on retaining and developing key talent and reducing turnover;
- Provide monthly reports and/or summaries of the business, Associate performance and issues, and recruitment needs in areas of responsibility
- Plan and monitor personal cost HC, and recruiting including Pomellato Korea;
- Work with Managers to set goal with Managers – reviewing performance accordantly.
- Review talent seasonally to support and encourage Internal Opportunity.
- Manage the Performance Improvement Process ensuring effective coaching, proper documentation, timely follow up, and outcome (i.e., performance improvement or termination).
- Training and Onboarding (in partnership with Training)
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation to create a positive welcoming Onboarding and Brand experience for all new to the organization.
- Guide the Onboarding process to ensure acclimation to the brand for new hires with 30/90- day probationary evaluations;
- Trains all new hires on Code of Conduct, Benefits, Policies, and HR procedures;
- Trains Management population on Anti-Harassment policies and Diversity;
- Manage the full sourcing and recruitment process and support recruitment process for boutique staff;
- Screen all Manager level+ candidates before presented to GM.
- Ensure all recruitment needs are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Liaise with recruitment agencies as primary point of contact;
- Review and partner on all employment offers.
- Manage everything related to General Affairs (e.g., order business card, prepare uniforms for store staff etc,).
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- A minimum of 5 years of prior experience in Human Resources Functions, including a minimum of 2 years in a management position;
- Demonstrable experience of forging strong relationships with management, built on trust and credibility
- Relevant experience gained on leading an HR function;
- In-depth knowledge of employment practices including local legislations
- Strong employment relations experience handling complex, performance management issues, disputes and grievances;
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and influencing skills on English and Japanese
- Solutions focused, with a hands-on approach
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word and Excel), experience on Workday would be beneficial
- Flexibility in out of state travel and working from multiple locations.
- Full time