ABOUT SAINT LAURENT
Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio-cultural landscape.
In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April 2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe.
Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
We are currently seeking a Store Director who will report to the Retail Manager as part of our dynamic team in China.
You are a professional in the fashion industry who is responsible for promoting brand engagement and loyalty to customers, in particular Top Clients and VIPs, in order to guarantee store business goals.
You represent the Company and are a proactive Sales professional who guarantee compliance with all procedures set by the Headquarters and aimed at managing Store Staff and ensuring that the Store runs efficiently.
A BUSINESS DEVELOPER
Attract, recruit, develop, retain, and engage customers
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor: VIC/VIP relationship
- Supervise sales to ensure customer satisfaction, engagement
Implement action plans to achieve sales target and P&L
- Define targeted quantitative and qualitative goals and ensure they are achieved
- Analyze the results, verify daily, weekly, monthly activities and set up yearly assessments: KPIs
- Implement action plans defined with the HQ and guarantee follow up at store level
Communicate high quality relevant feedbacks and reporting to HQ and/or staff
- Provide high quality relevant feedback and requested reports to HQ
- Inform the Head of Retail any local events in the city and / or organized by competitors
Know and monitor business environment including local competition
- Keep relevant with market and fashion trends
- Communicate this information to the Staff
A TALENT LEADER AND DEVELOPER
Identify, attract, recruit, develop and retain talents
- Consistently recruit top talent in partnership with the Head of Retail and HR
- Create and maintain a positive work environment
Motivate and challenge the team on a regular basis
- Create a team, whose activities will be coordinated in order to make sure that this team is always motivated and competent
- Keep staff informed at all times regarding Store performance through the necessary tools agreed on with the Head of Retail
- Coach staff
- Manage individual appraisal interview
Create development plans for sales staff and management
- Ensure professional growth and training of the staff with a coaching approach, by constantly stimulating them to be up-to-date in the Fashion industry
A BRAND PROMOTER (CUSTOMERS)
Promote the culture of the brand internally and externally
- Oversee the clienteling approach
- Ensure that the qualitative standards required by our brand are maintained
Ensure store atmosphere upholds brand image
- Ensure that the Store windows are always in place and sets up the layout of the store according to the Company directions (VM guidelines)
- Ensure that the image of the Store is in line with corporate standards and that the Staff is aware of this standard
- Ensure that team behaviors and store appearance are consistent with the standard of Saint Laurent service, image and values
Build a network of people who have an impact on local and international Luxury business to develop customers’ loyalty (especially with Top Clients and VIPs)
- Guarantee excellent customer experience including welcome and treatments
- Ensure that all delicate situations regarding customer complaints and the overall sales process are dealt with accordingly
- Use clothing allowance and behavior to attract new customer
A PROCESS MANAGER
Ensure that all the processes are in compliance with legal, safety, internal requirements, sustainability, HR and stock organization
- Handle all administration and accounting responsibilities.
- Achieve and authorize planning, organize and plan the activities providing available resources to manage the expected workload
- Apply all the necessary golden rules to ensure the safety of both store team and customers
- Supervise warehouse stock and verify that it is in line with the Store’s sales potential. Report to Merchandising Retail at Headquarters accordingly
- Manage inventory activities taking into account related inventory results in collaboration with the Back Office Operation
- Take all the necessary measures to guarantee the safety of the products and all valuable materials in the store along with the Warehouse
- Ensure that the packaging and positioning of the product are coherent to the protection of corporate assets
Challenge current processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Optimize warehouse management in order to make the stocking of goods as efficient as possible in terms of sales, in collaboration with the Back Office Operation
- Commitment to take part in an innovative project
- Significant experience in the sale of luxury goods or retail
- 3 to 5 years of successful experience in a managerial position (10 people)
- High sensitivity to customers experience and loyalty
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, persuasiveness
- Precision, organizational skills
- Adaptability, openness, risk taking, dynamic, listening abilities, curiosity
- High availability, responsiveness
- Product and Fashion sensitivity
- Mastering computer skills (Word and Excel)
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.