Cristóbal Balenciaga founded the House in 1917 in his home of Spain. In 1937, he established the brand in Paris, designing its collections there until 1968. Cristóbal Balenciaga had a reputation as a couturier of uncompromising standards and was referred to as "the master of us all" by Christian Dior and as “The Couturier of the Couturiers” by Gabrielle Chanel. The ultra-modern shapes were trademarks of the house.
While the brand’s identity is firmly rooted in its highly conceptual prêt-à-porter collections, its leather goods, footwear, and accessories experience worldwide success as well. Among the archetypal products of the House are its handbag collections. A new focus on the development of Balenciaga ready-to-wear collections for men was quickly established as highly successful.
Since October 2015, Demna Gvasalia has designed both men’s and women’s collections as the artistic director.
The Balenciaga House, part of the Kering group since 2001, is one of the most influential names in fashion.
We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager who will report to the Back Office Manager and be a key part of our Team based in Italy.
The IT Project Manager will be the local IT referent for the Balenciaga plant in Cerreto Guidi (FI).
How you will contribute
• You will be in charge of collecting, analyzing and formalizing requests of different departments, including Product Development, Pattern Makers, Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality Control and Warehouse, in order to maintain and make current applications evolve.
• You will ensure coordination (with external suppliers), realization, settings modification, report development, tests, user accompaniment and training.
• In case of new tools implementation, you will take part to the process analysis, blueprint discussion and definition, tool selection and implementation.
• You will also ensure first local support (or coordinates external support specialists) for office and shopfloor users.
Who you are
The candidate we are seeking has the following requirements:
• Previous experience in IT Projects Management in an manufacturing context.
• Degree in Informatics/Engineering or equivalent.
• Knowledge/ Experience in: ERP system, preferably Stealth Platform, WMS, MES, Fashion PLM.
• Experience in industrial technologies (RFID, robots, sensors) will be a plus.
• General notions of enterprise IT infrastructure and good notions of a plant IT infrastructure (network and devices).
• Fluent Italian and English are required.
• The knowledge of French is a plus.
Why work with us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Balenciaga adventure and its philosophy of quality and innovation.
Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
BALENCIAGA IT Project Leader