KERING Machine Learning Engineer
Kering - Regular
The Head of AI factory is currently seeking an English speaking Machine Learning Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Paris and the challenge to settle an ambitious data strategy for the Group and its Brands.
You will support the Head of AI Factory developing production-ready data science pipelines. You will be involved in defining the best tools to serve the usage of the data science team and in deploying them in our development and production environments. You will be expected to mentor data scientists via pair programming and code review to insure that the code meets our high-standard quality requirements. You will be involved in deploying models in production environment.
How you will contribute
- Create and maintain production-ready data science pipeline architecture,
- Recommend changes in the architecture accordingly to new needs and support sustainable vision
- Ingest large and complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Work collaboratively with data scientists through pair programming and code review to insure that the code they develop meets software engineering quality requirements.
- Help deploy machine learning models in production environment.
- Work with data scientists and IT to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Who you are
We are looking for a candidate with 3-5 years of experience as Data Engineer or Machine learning engineer, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. She/he should have experience or skills in the following domains:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Working familiarity with a variety of databases, both SQL and NoSQL, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Working knowledge in Machine Learning and the strengths and weaknesses of different algorithms
- Experience with deploying data pipelines in production and running them.
- Advanced working knowledge with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, such as Airflow or Luigi for example.
- Experience with big data tools, including Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift, Athena, Glue catalog
- DevOps mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background
- Full time