Balenciaga - Regular
Singapore - Singapore
We are currently seeking a Buyer who will report to the Merchandising Director as part of our dynamic team in Singapore. This role will cover the Southeast Asia region not limiting to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia & New Zealand.
The Buyer will implement the merchandising strategies and ensure that product offer is available to meet customer demands whilst driving the business forward in the merchandise category. The Buyer is responsible for maximizing commercial opportunities through effective management of inventory, driving sales through improved availability and forecasting, and price management.
The Buyer is also responsible for monitoring sales performance, providing analysis and recommendations as needed.
How you will contribute
- Plan and perform full spectrum of seasonal buying, core assortment selection and driving sales performance for the assigned categories.
- Perform analysis on sell-through, categorical sales evolution vs targets. Define timely actions to improve seasonal sell-through at country level.
- Monitor inventory, delivery situation to ensure timely product launches & store openings, maximize sales opportunities during the season.
- Partner with Retail Managers, Retail Excellence, Visual Merchandising, Communication teams to execute global launch plans.
- Partner with Training team to provide fashion trend insights and new season product information from showrooms, in order to enhance retail teams’ product knowledge
- Close collaboration with the Retail Managers to drive category sales performance. Provide comprehensive analysis to identify gaps & opportunities, for Retail Managers to derive store action plans.
- Support the merchandise budget planning and building best-in-class new store opening assortment.
- Conduct benchmark studies for key competitors’ products and regional price spreads.
- Perform price adjustment exercise
- Keep an acute pulse of competitive landscape via frequent visits to both Balenciaga and competitors’ stores.
- Assist with annual family sale organization.
Who you are
- Bachelor degree in fashion, textiles or other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years solid experience in fashion ready to wear merchandising/buying.
- Strong fashion sense, with working knowledge of South-East Asia & Oceania markets
- Able to present & articulate findings to key stakeholders in clear, structured formats
- Highly organized, self-starter, excellent analytical skills
Why work with us?
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Balenciaga philosophy and to become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
Balenciaga is committed to thriving your professional development within the House or in the Kering group. We empower leaders to create, build and sustain high performing teams that excel in execution. We guide every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Balenciaga is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, disability, sexual orientation… - enriches the workplace and our client experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applications and select our talents based on competencies and in alignment with our brand behaviors. Setting people for success is what we live for. It is part of our interview process to discuss with you how to excel in our company.
- Full time