giovedì 29 gennaio 2009
PPR announces the launch of the PPR Corporate Foundation for Women’s Dignity and Rights
François-Henri Pinault, CEO of PPR, today announces the launch of the PPR Corporate Foundation for Women’s Dignity and Rights:
"Violence towards women devastates lives, fractures communities and stalls development. Women are the heart of communities’ equilibrium as they are the cornerstone of pillars such as family, health, education and culture.
I want PPR, with its long history of solidarity activism, to join in the fight for women’s rights worldwide. In this spirit I decided to create a Corporate Foundation for Women's Dignity and Rights. And I wish to thank the personalities who have agreed to bring all their experience and authority to the Foundation by sitting on the Board of Directors".
The PPR Foundation aims to fight against violence towards women and empower women. It will support projects in partnership with national and international NGOs, by encouraging the Group's 90,000 employees to get involved.
Its work is organized into five broad programmes that contribute to the fulfilment of the mission:
- Support to projects fighting violence and promoting women’s empowerment
- Micro finance
- Sponsoring social entrepreneurs
- Contribution towards awareness-raising and prevention programs
- Advice and support to Group brands and companies
The Foundation's Board of Directors held its first meeting yesterday under the chairmanship of François-Henri Pinault. The Board is made up of fifteen members:
- Eight founder members
- François-Henri Pinault, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PPR
- Claude Chirac, Senior Vice President Communications, PPR
- Laurent Claquin, Senior Vice President Corporate Social Responsibility, PPR
- Frida Giannini, Creative Director, Gucci
- Isabelle Guichot, President and CEO, Balenciaga
- Valérie Hermann, President and CEO, Yves Saint Laurent
- Stella McCartney, Creative Director, Stella McCartney
- Mimma Viglezio, Executive Vice President Global Communications, Gucci Group
- Two staff representatives of the PPR S.A elected during the first Board meeting:
-Valérie Buard, Deputy Director, Corporate Financing and Treasury Department, PPR
- Frédéric Lefebvre, IT Technician, PPR
- Five qualified personalities
- Jamel Debbouze, French humorist, actor and producer
- Waris Dirie, author and chairwoman of the Waris Dirie Foundation against Female Genital Mutilation
- Salma Hayek, American actress, director and producer and member of the Board of the V-Day Association
- Taslima Nasreen, Bangladeshi writer, who exposes the living conditions of minorities, and notably that of Muslim women
- Nazanine Ravaï, Special adviser to the President of Artémis
The Board of Directors will meet from time to time to validate the Foundation's strategic guidelines and will be supported by a selection committee and a management team.
Céline Bonnaire is appointed Executive Director of the Foundation and will report to Laurent Claquin, Senior VP Corporate Social Responsibility of PPR.
PPR develops a portfolio of high-growth global brands. Through its Consumer and Luxury brands, PPR generated sales of EUR 19.1 billion in 2007. The Group is present in 90 countries with approximately 90,000 employees. PPR shares are listed on Euronext Paris (# 121485, PRTP.PA, PPFP).
To explore the universe of PPR brands go to www.ppr.com: Fnac, Redcats Group (La Redoute, Vertbaudet, Somewhere, Cyrillus, Daxon, Ellos, The Sportsman’s Guide, The Golf Warehouse and brands of the plus-size division), Conforama, CFAO, Puma and the Luxury brands of Gucci Group (Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Boucheron, Sergio Rossi, Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney).
Press:Charlotte Judet +33 (0)1 45 64 65 06 email@example.com
Cindy Germanaud+33 (0)1 45 64 61 57 firstname.lastname@example.org
PPR Foundation:Céline Bonnaire +33 (0)1 45 64 63 38 email@example.com