BOTTEGA VENETA General Merchandising Manager
Bottega Veneta - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
You will formulate and implement seasonal merchandising strategies to maximize company sales and profit. And you will effectively lead, drive and manage the merchandising team to achieve maximum results.
How you will contribute
- Work with General Manager to formulate merchandising strategy and planning whilst adhering to the Company’s objectives.
- Work alongside with the Retail team to ensure that commercial, and fashion product ranges are bought and managed in order to maximize profit & sales.
- Evaluate previous seasonal sales performance, company channel objectives, market trend information to advise and support the team to define the product mix and assortment plan.
- Train and develop all team members to maximize their potential and motivate them with strong desire.
- Maintain awareness of competitor price point and good understanding of the brand and product positioning.
- Supervise the China Merchandising team to plan for and execute buying activities of all designated categories.
- Monitor inventory, delivery and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock are maintained across all designated categories, and responsible for merchandise allocations to the stores and co-ordination with stores and Logistics team for stock replenishment issues.
- Monitor sales performance through in-depth analysis on sales, sell through and trends, initiate appropriate strategies and tactics to liquidate stocks and boost sales and take care of all mark-down/mark-up and merchandise related issues for seasonal sale periods.
- Set the strategies of Open-To-Buy Plans for the China market.
- Any other duties or matters which may be assigned from time to time.
- Extensive traveling will be required to Italy for buying and domestic for store visits (40-50%).
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years merchandising/ buying experience in related business or brand with demonstrated product development experience
- An accomplished individual, able to demonstrate excellent people management skills
- Be a strong communicator to report to the top level within the business
- Demonstrate proven results in driving sales
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop a team
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
Why work with us?
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Bottega Veneta philosophy of exceptional quality and to become part of a highly disciplined sales team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China