KERING Senior Accountant – R2R
Kering - Regular
Petaling Jaya - Malaysia
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, DoDo, Qeelin, Ginori 1735 as well as Kering Eyewear and Kering Beauté. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow’s Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination”. In 2022, Kering had over 47,000 employees and revenue of €20.4 billion.
We are currently seeking a Senior R2R Accountant – Interco & FA who will report to the Senior Manager R2R & O2C - Malaysia as part of our dynamic team in Malaysia. As part of the Kering Group’s global finance SSC transformation program, the Senior R2R Accountant – Interco & FA will support for intercompany accounting and controlling processes for South East Asia , HKMO with the potential expansion of APAC.
The Senior R2R Accountant – Interco & FA shall ensure:
- perform month end and year end closing with strong controllership on all intercompany related. Streamline current practices to deliver quality and accelerated closing process on month end, year end and statutory reporting (include financial and tax audit and reporting).
- Lead all fixed asset management including policies , standardization of processes , controls and perform full cycle of fixed assets process including prepare & review of schedules, reconciliation , conduct periodic check on any disposal, obsolescence/ impairment of FA.
- Drive cross-team understanding of new Accounting Standards, apply and train technical principles to develop the team.
- Document current processes (Business Process Master List) and ensure they are mapped to the global SSC model and calendar.
- Support the roll out of Kering Group’s internal controls framework (COSO) policies and processes, ensuring that control objectives are identified and that corresponding controls are designed, executed, documented and reviewed across each assigned market. The Senior R2R Accountant – Interco & FA supported by the Regional R2R & Internal Control Manager, will drive the implementation of SAP core process of interco & FA processing and any further improvements.
- Work closely with SAP team & P2P team on aligning & facilitating the end to end process of interco & FA processing, manage & advise on interco reconciliation on monthly and resolve any dispute with other IC party.
- Work with local/regional treasury on all interco payment proposal plan with the cashflow monitoring
- To drive all the potential takeover of IC processing , leading & managing the expectations of stakeholders with the aim of driving to global core process.
- Leverage on digital capabilities to support SSC objective of becoming 100% paperless (re-designing controls, practices and processes)
- Active involvement is required on ad-hoc assignments, process improvement initiatives and/or Kering Group’s transformation projects.
Technical skills and experiences:
Accounting/Finance Major with CA qualification.
5+ years of experience in finance and accounting roles
Minimum 2 years of working experience with a public accounting firm (Candidates from Big 4 are highly preferred)
Experience on major transformational projects – financial systems and processes are preferred.
Strong knowledge on SAP is preferred.
APAC Market exposures is preferred
Self-driven mindset and results oriented
Agile, inquisitive and a problem solver
Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Willingness to travel (ad-hoc)
Why work with us?
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture,
religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enrich the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent,
both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a dynamic team in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.