SAINT LAURENT Assistant Planning Manager
Saint Laurent - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Shanghai - Mainland China
We are currently seeking an Assistant Planning Manager who will report to General Merchandising Manager as part of our dynamic team in China.
You will responsible for analyzing and forecasting through strategic sales planning, inventory management, and actionable reporting and insights for full-priced and outlet stores in China. This position will work closely with Regional and Worldwide Saint Laurent and Kering teams across Merchandising, Supply Chain, and Finance team to set and ensure growth targets are achieved.
- Responsible for macro merchandising reports to be shared with company departments.
- Maintain master data for carryover plan and outlet related reports.
- Price Spread and margin analyses as requested
- Partner with Merchandising Manager for Carry Over (CO) range plan assortment
- Responsible for ensuring optimal stock levels and active replenishment of our DOS network in our Carry Over collection (LG/WRTW/SHOES)
- Review and optimize stock allocations based on regional feedback, and provide feedback to HQ as requested
- Partner with Finance and Merchandising Managers to prepare pre-season Open-To-Buy Plans to be used in the development of merchandise strategies for the season and to support buying needs
- Coordinate with the buyers and finance to determine category and line targets
- Responsible for forecasting CO LG, WRTW/WSHOES monthly best estimates, partnering closely with local merchandising and HQ demand planning team;
- Responsible for monitoring CO LG/WRTW/WSHOES stock levels and implement the permanent strategy determined together with merchandising, ensuring adequate stock levels for volume-drivers and key items.
- Bi-weekly target stock projection based on the sales plan, monitor sales, provide hindsight analysis to support the forecast.
- Responsible for SKU count guidance (FOH/BOH) to Store Planning team for new project briefs in coordination with GMM
- Assist in developing new store initial allocations and coordinating new store logistics
- Review seasonal MD stock and sales performance, assist in planning markdown targets and execute related reporting.
- Coordinate MD merchandise shipments to Cargo / Outlet
- Responsible for weekly outlet recap of businesses and other related outlet reports
- Monitor the outlet business, tracking performance, working closely with local and central outlet partners
- Responsible for ensuring optimized stock levels for our outlet network, planning launch waves and creating deliverables (product maps) to inform our retail teams on the assortment.
- Rolling forecast on outlet categories, monitoring and reporting on margins especially for promotions.
- Develop strategies with Central Outlet team and local Retail and VM teams to optimize sales and stock.
- Analyze promotional strategies to determine profitability and make recommendations for future needs
- Merchandising team representative for the Power BI reporting tool (currently in development at the global level) to optimize reporting for the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics Strong leadership & lateral management skills
- 5 years of previous working experience in a similar role
- Experience in accounting function or inventory control in retail industry is an advantage
- Demonstrated working knowledge of retail inventory and financial measures (Sell-through, weeks of supply, inventory turn, markdowns, markups, OTB etc.
- Quantitative analytical skills and computer savvy
- Reliability in data analysis and accuracy
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft (Master of Excel)
- Experience in Anaplan/JDA/Power BI is an advantage
- Rigorous, meticulous and resourceful
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
- Experience in luxury/fashion business a plus
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Able to work across functional areas / levels of the organization and to interact at distance
- Able to simplify and synthesize information
- Listen well to others (empathy), client-centric (commercial mindset)
- Adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity, accept new ideas, people and procedures.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Passionate, self-motivated and proactive.
Saint Laurent is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
- Full time
- Mainland China